+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next few games

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    His team selections are baffling. His substitutions are mind blowing. His refusal to change tactics to engage with a different quality of opposition.

His lack of loyalty to the players who provided a lot of Burnley fans with one of their best ever seasons following the Clarets.

Playing Vitinho at right back and not having back-up for Taylor at left back leaves us exposed on both flanks.

No nailed on centre-back pairing.

No nailed on midfield.

Buying Mike Tresor and compounding that by adding a centre-forward with mental health problems is enough for me to not bother debating this subject anymore.

Let's see what sort of a fist we can make of next season's Championship.
    So nothing more than you don't agree with one of the game's all time great players on how to run a football team. Fair enough, I reckon I could run the England team better than Gareth, it's so easy from a seat in the stand or a setteee.

What do you need to do to win matches? Oh yes, score goals ---it has always been the case.
    This season we have scored 2 or more goals in just 5 PL games and we lost two of those!
    We have kept a clean sheet in just 2 games, both of which we won and those have been in the last 8 games played and we have failed to score in 8 games!

Our first 13 games we picked up just 4 points and conceded 3 or more goals on 6 occasions,scoring 10 and conceding a total of 32.
    It can be argued that, since we beat Sheffield United, we have improved because we have won 2 and drawn 2 of our last 8 PL matches, scoring 11 goals and conceding 10. In just one oft hose games have we conceded 3 goals and that was with a very dubious penalty at Villa and we also had a very dubious offside given against Foster in that match when he scored a good goal, which would have given us 3 goals too. If you remember, the still photo of the offside showed that he was wearing size 20 football boots it was so blurred!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    So nothing more than you don't agree with one of the game's all time great players on how to run a football team. Fair enough, I reckon I could run the England team better than Gareth, it's so easy from a seat in the stand or a setteee.
    Wayne Rooney the United and England leading score was in the stand watching the Spurs draw with United.

Good footballers do not always make good managers.

Ask Lampard and Gerrard how they manage to do it.

Kompany has no idea what pragmatism means.

SD had the nous to play within the perimeters of his players ability, Kompany instructs his team to play like he has eleven Kevin De Bruyne's at his disposal.

Edwards at Luton manages to squeeze the very best out of a largely poor talent pool, Kompany just refuses to even play his best players.

I'm fed up with January, fed up with VAR and sick of Vincent Kompany.
    To be fair BT - stubbornness was in Dyche as well wasnt it. ?

I’m a spectator just like you and yes we’ve played reasonable level football - but I knew many times and posted it as well that Dyche should change formation - tighten up centrally and not let the opposition drive their bus through our midfield straight onto our back 4 - also that our midfield was so deep that they couldn’t get up to the front man to support him and build moves, strangling the life out of any chance of decent football.

Same difference imo anyway - it’s a tough ask at the minute as last season we won most weeks and now we can’t get a win and it hurts

We have problems I’ll admit that but to slate Kompany isn’t fair - whilst I know he’s in charge and the book stops with him you can’t lay it all at his door.

In some ways I quite admire the fact that he believes the right way to play is as he’s doing and he’s working through it

Meanwhile we have the Football League's worse home record and we do not have a clue what the starting line-up will be until an hour before kick-off.

If I was Rodriguez I'd have a torn hamstring from now until the end of May. If Larsen is a better option at centre-forward than Jay Rod either me or Kompany knows nowt about how a football team works.

Quote Originally Posted by leftnutsack View Post
    Im calling this now - it would be just like us to still be in the chase after this upcoming hard run. I predict, and call me on this, but after this run of playing the big teams, we will be one win off safety come the end of it!!!!
    whatever you,re drinking ...i,ll have a pint of that

Quote Originally Posted by johnj69 View Post
    whatever you,re drinking ...i,ll have a pint of that
    I'll have a whisky chaser too jj69.

Wayne Rooney the United and England leading score was in the stand watching the Spurs draw with United.

Good footballers do not always make good managers.

Ask Lampard and Gerrard how they manage to do it.
    Very true mon ami, but bad managers don't win the Championship with a team cobbled from scratch and acknowledged as the best Championship team in 25 years. Something clearly went wrong last summer, but it doesn't make Vinni a bad manager.

Vinni was excellent last season, but this a disaster. Beginning to think he got lucky last, cause this he looks and his proving out of his depth.
    You can't shop at pick and mix in the Premier league you need to be more savvy has luck won't be your lady tonight

Now it’s my time to say I think most of you on here are deluded! I called this quite early in the summer when we were signing youth and loanees. Some of you were talking about getting back to Europe, and VK taking over City ffs! I was asked if I liked to worry? Feck off!

Yes something went wrong in the summer, we thought we could yet again bring in loads of youth and they would make it in the EPL and we would make money. As I’ve said before: Mr Pace fell in love with VK and has given him all that he can and more imo.
    But I like VK too. He’s a polite good guy who works hard and have had many good guys around him in his career who all were very skilled and loved to win. He has not (far as I know) ever been in a relegation battle. He has been in teams where if you play to your potential, then that was good enough to win games and titles. Well guess what, that’s not how it is in BFC. And VK knows that. But to anyone that thinks they can do a better job than him… or anyone thinking they can do better on the field… again.. feck off!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)