+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joelinton burgled

Joelinton burgled

Dirty ba-stards took advantage of his entire family out watching the game. I would string them up by the goolies if they go caught.

The home of Newcastle United star Joelinton was burgled on Saturday night as the Brazilian and his family watched the Magpies' 3-2 defeat to Manchester City at St James' Park.

The midfielder's property was empty at the time as three men entered late on Saturday evening. Joelinton received an alert on his phone, allowing him to swiftly alert police of the incident.

Officers arrived at the Darras Hall mansion shortly after 7.30pm but the burglars had fled the scene. No arrests have been as of early Sunday morning as police ask for any information of the incident.

A spokesperson for Northumbria Police said: "Shortly before 7.30pm yesterday (Saturday) police received a call from a concerned homeowner who reported that three men were inside their home on Runnymede Road in Darras Hall. Thankfully the homeowner was not home but had received a security alert on their phone and immediately reported concerns to police.

"Police were deployed to the scene however, those alleged to be involved had fled the scene. Enquires remain ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact us via 101, or the ‘Report’ pages of our website, quoting log NP-20240113-0835."

One Ponteland resident heard helicopters and saw floodlights on Saturday night and said they assumed it was "another break-in". The resident told ChronicleLive: "I think the problem is it's not a bad area for crime because of poverty. Obviously it's the other end, people think everyone has got money so we are an easy target, but that's not always the case."

Joelinton is the latest high-profile footballer to suffer an attempted break in at his home. Manchester City star Jack Grealish had around £1million of jewellery stolen from his luxury home as his side took on Everton over the Christmas period.

City boss Pep Guardiola has spoken out about the rise in these type of crimes, admitting burglars are waiting to strike when they know footballers will be away from their property. “They have security. But unfortunately it’s happened, it’s happened many times,” Guardiola said.

“Today you have to be careful, definitely. Not much on social media, the less they know what you are doing the better. People are waiting. Waiting to see where you are."

Joelinton is facing weeks on the sidelines after limping off in the Wear-Tyne derby vs Sunderland earlier this month. The 27-year-old is expected to miss at least two months of football with a quad injury.

I know someone who lost £500 quid recently. I hope they can account for their movements.

Apparently an Albanian gang targetting Darras...Trippier's house was done not long ago.

Im not saying Joe hasnt earned it, and I hope these burglars would be found and prosecuted accordingly.
    But the gap in wealth between reach and other is growing. Add to it that social media tracks everything - like the cars these guys are driving, jewelry they are wearing. No wonder it happens more and more

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I know someone who lost £500 quid recently. I hope they can account for their movements.
    😆

I think these players have enough money to get decent security. It shouldn’t be a problem.

Yep, there was a chopper out last night and wondered what the f**k it was looking for.

Miggy loves just over from Joelinton, so I’ll bet he’s beefing up his security.

All the players should, really surprised that they don’t have top notch security, and I’m biased (because we have one) but a German Shepherd or two is always a good deterrent

Theyre lucky big Joe wasnt home 🤕

Feel for him - can't be nice to come to home to that.

Agree about security though.

gap in wealth or not, burglary is a scumbag`s job, dorty pig ****ers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)