+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two weeks will show us what ambition this club has.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    2 players incoming loans.
    I hope this is more reliable than your 2-1 Millers forecasts 🙂

It could all fire up with Posh getting money to sign Kioso then we need a right full/wing back. I'd like a forward in Kelly moved on.

I think the club has to bring in a couple of loans at a minimum, firstly to give the squad some freshness and LR some tools to work with. Secondly because you cannot do an interview like TS did and then fail to bring some players in when everybody at the club knows and has stated the squad is light on quality and depth, it makes your words look shallow and unbelievable. Lastly 2 players means the available players for LR to select the final squad from is the same size as January the first, anything other than that is a slap in the face to the coaches and fans.
    I agree we need some creative quality but also pace, and someone that can actually cross a ball and not just lofted into the box. I do think a CB is needed, it is unlikely that Hall will play again this season if he does the chances of getting more than a couple of games are slim, the rest are still injured or in recovery and there is no guarantee they will come back and get up to speed in time or play for the games that is left and if Morrison gets injured again then god help us.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    It could all fire up with Posh getting money to sign Kioso then we need a right full/wing back. I'd like a forward in Kelly moved on.
    https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...-kioso-4497904

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I think the club has to bring in a couple of loans at a minimum, firstly to give the squad some freshness and LR some tools to work with. Secondly because you cannot do an interview like TS did and then fail to bring some players in when everybody at the club knows and has stated the squad is light on quality and depth, it makes your words look shallow and unbelievable. Lastly 2 players means the available players for LR to select the final squad from is the same size as January the first, anything other than that is a slap in the face to the coaches and fans.
    I agree we need some creative quality but also pace, and someone that can actually cross a ball and not just lofted into the box. I do think a CB is needed, it is unlikely that Hall will play again this season if he does the chances of getting more than a couple of games are slim, the rest are still injured or in recovery and there is no guarantee they will come back and get up to speed in time or play for the games that is left and if Morrison gets injured again then god help us.
    Tony Stewart using "shallow and unbelievable" words? Surely not 🤔

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    2 players incoming loans.
    Loans are the way to go. I reckon we have space for 3 now. Go as far as we reasonably can to get the best loan players we can. It wont be easy tho to sell the club in our position.

No point in getting contracted players. We cant be tying ourselves down with champ wages for players who are likely to be in div 1 next season. Save that cash to get decent quality lower div players next season.

All quiet on the western front. Wont believe owts imminent till peter o rourke starts mentioning us on twitter. He is the oracle.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 30-01-2024 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Loans are the way to go. I reckon we have space for 3 now. Go as far as we reasonably can to get the best loan players we can. It wont be easy tho to sell the club in our position.

No point in getting contracted players. We cant be tying ourselves down with champ wages for players who are likely to be in div 1 next season. Save that cash to get decent quality lower div players next season.

All quiet on the western front. Wont believe owts imminent till peter o rourke starts mentioning us on twitter. He is the oracle.

If they don't need getting up to speed waste of time if they do.

Alex Pritchard to Birmingham City
    £100k
    Reported.

Surely Bargains like that are out there for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    Alex Pritchard to Birmingham City
    £100k
    Reported.

Surely Bargains like that are out there for us?
    The transfer fee looks a bargain, but it'll be the wages they're paying him that put signings like out of our reach.

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast