+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two weeks will show us what ambition this club has.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    My stable lad informs me that we had agreed a 20M bid for Viktor to go to Barcelona and the proceeds were to be used to extend the stadium and bring in a whole new squad made up of players on the fringe of Premiership teams. Whole thing fell apart when Viktor said he was allergic to sunshine. Just our luck!
    Cam, that's Brins stable lad.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Clearly we're not so what's the point of trying to get there just to be hopelessly outgunned......again?
    Appreciate the frustration but what's the alternative? Cheer us on for mid table in league 1? Aim for play off final but cheer for the opposition team? What's your plan for next season? The only alternative I can see is giving up and doing something else!

Clearly we're not so what's the point of trying to get there just to be hopelessly outgunned......again?
    Yesterday you were whinging about low crowds in L1 and no local rivals to play, even though Barnsley and Wednesday could easily be in the same league. Now you're whinging about going up and being "hopelessly outgunned" again.

So given our current situation and resources, which league do you want to see us play in?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Yesterday you were whinging about low crowds in L1 and no local rivals to play, even though Barnsley and Wednesday could easily be in the same league. Now you're whinging about going up and being "hopelessly outgunned" again.

So given our current situation and resources, which league do you want to see us play in?
    I'm not whinging, I'm just stating the realities of our situation.
    I want us to play in the Championship and make a reasonable fist of competing at that level but all I keep hearing is that we can't do that. Lots of people on here point that out on a regular basis.
    Apparently this season we had learned lessons from our previous season in the Championship and were better equipped to compete. That's what TS said but anyone can see it's simply not the case and it will be exactly the same if we manage to go up again.
    If you and others are happy with that, fine, but I'd be really interested to know why.

I'm not whinging, I'm just stating the realities of our situation.
    I want us to play in the Championship and make a reasonable fist of competing at that level but all I keep hearing is that we can't do that. Lots of people on here point that out on a regular basis.
    Apparently this season we had learned lessons from our previous season in the Championship and were better equipped to compete. That's what TS said but anyone can see it's simply not the case and it will be exactly the same if we manage to go up again.
    If you and others are happy with that, fine, but I'd be really interested to know why.
    Top and bottom you are loving us being in this position so you can bash the chairman any chance you get . You have obviously got a problem with him for some weird reason. He’s having a go , something no one else connected to rufc wasn’t willing to do 14/15 years ago when we was in the mire.

Totally agree with Mellow miller on this.
    Last time we were relegated with a disgraceful points tally many.on here were wishing us in L1 in order to see us win more often and enjoy the games. That's fine, I completely understand the sentiment. But what happens if we win too many games? Do we take the foot off the pedal so as not to be humiliated again?

On the field of play we are no further on now than when Ronnie was gaffer at Millmoor, he took us up and we were there for 4 years, the second best period in the Championship in recent years, the best being 81/82 season? when we finished 7th with Emlyn as gaffer.
    To have any chance of survival in the Championship there has to be investment we all know it. We are a well run club with a small budget. Great. But we ain't going anywhere fast without the wherewithal, sad but true. So we remain the laughable yo yo club and wonder why the Rotherham football watching public won't support the club.
    We need investment and a new approach to managing a club in the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    Totally agree with Mellow miller on this.
    Last time we were relegated with a disgraceful points tally many.on here were wishing us in L1 in order to see us win more often and enjoy the games. That's fine, I completely understand the sentiment. But what happens if we win too many games? Do we take the foot off the pedal so as not to be humiliated again?

On the field of play we are no further on now than when Ronnie was gaffer at Millmoor, he took us up and we were there for 4 years, the second best period in the Championship in recent years, the best being 81/82 season? when we finished 7th with Emlyn as gaffer.
    To have any chance of survival in the Championship there has to be investment we all know it. We are a well run club with a small budget. Great. But we ain't going anywhere fast without the wherewithal, sad but true. So we remain the laughable yo yo club and wonder why the Rotherham football watching public won't support the club.
    We need investment and a new approach to managing a club in the modern game.
    What a load of rubbish.

Why?

4 minutes plus injury time is irrelevant.....we were relegated and why? Because we dint win enough games. Why because we couldn't compete. Why because we couldn't afford to meet the wage demands of better class players. Why because the Chairman runs the club well within his budget. Sadly his budget isn't enough to maintain the club at Championship level.
    Might be rubbish to you but to me and others it's blindingly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Top and bottom you are loving us being in this position so you can bash the chairman any chance you get . You have obviously got a problem with him for some weird reason. He’s having a go , something no one else connected to rufc wasn’t willing to do 14/15 years ago when we was in the mire.
    Well that's a pretty stupid statement.
    I've had a season ticket probably for more years than you've been alive and there is nothing about our current situation that I'm enjoying.
    Why the hell do you think I would shell out money, turn up every week and then be happy to see us struggling at the bottom of the league?
    The only problem I have with TS is that he keeps making similar statements (usually when season tickets are going on sale again) that clearly can't be backed up.
    I will probably renew my season ticket again because that's an unfortunate habit I have but that doesn't mean I just have to accept what's going on.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast