+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everton and Notts forest face points being docked

So no second offence factored in to the deduction then…and what’s with the forest 4 points deducted being the starting base for sanctions…

Total farce.no doubt they will be hoping Everton and forest will stop up on the pitch,so appeals can be waved aside and not dragged through the courts with claims and counter-claims which they will be hellbent on avoiding..!..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    So no second offence factored in to the deduction then…and what’s with the forest 4 points deducted being the starting base for sanctions…

Total farce.no doubt they will be hoping Everton and forest will stop up on the pitch,so appeals can be waved aside and not dragged through the courts with claims and counter-claims which they will be hellbent on avoiding..!..
    So when ourselves and Luton committed further misdemeanours the points deduction was much greater the second time around.
    Theirs is actually less….much less

well done lads, keep cheating and carry on….

Football - like politics and the rest of the world - is really beginning to make me sick. Is NOTHING free from graft and corruption now?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    According to that BBC report:-

Everton have reported financial losses of £89.1m in their latest accounts covering the 2022-23 season.

It is the sixth successive year of losses for the Toffees and more than double the £44.7m deficit in 2021-22.

A fine piece of journalism

2 x 44.7 is 89.4 so where does the more than double come from?
    He thought he was doing his exes.... 🤣

Couldn’t make this up. Three of the worst excuses they could come up with….

However, the commission accepted Everton's arguments for mitigation in relation to the fact the club has:
    Already been deducted points this season
    Suffered a loss of revenue because of the suspension of a sponsorship deal with Russian company USM
    Made an early admission of guilt

With regard to the last one efc are going to appeal…..even though they,ve admitted it

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Couldn’t make this up. Three of the worst excuses they could come up with….

However, the commission accepted Everton's arguments for mitigation in relation to the fact the club has:
    Already been deducted points this season
    Suffered a loss of revenue because of the suspension of a sponsorship deal with Russian company USM
    Made an early admission of guilt

With regard to the last one efc are going to appeal…..even though they,ve admitted it
    Scandalous

The points deductions seem to be timed on Everton’s position in the league.

Don’t give them a deduction that puts them in the relegation zone

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Scandalous

The points deductions seem to be timed on Everton’s position in the league.

Don’t give them a deduction that puts them in the relegation zone
    After what Luton went through with the -30 and years in the wilderness it would be poetic justice if they could subject Everton to relegation but I doubt the PL will let it happpen.

I just realised that they won the Paint Pot Trophy the year the -30 contributed to them to falling out of the FL, beating Scunny in the final who had beat us in the 2 legged Northern final. For some reason I'd totally forgotten about that, we'd even beaten Leicester City in the Q final. Other current day 'big boys' in the competition that year included B&HA, Bournemouth, Brentford and Leeds.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 08-04-2024 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    .I can’t wait till Man Cty get away with it.
    I think they already have Lol
    The silence tells us everything we need to know
    Way too powerful and threatening for anything to be done

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    After what Luton went through with the -30 and years in the wilderness it would be poetic justice if they could subject Everton to relegation but I doubt the PL will let it happpen.

I just realised that they won the Paint Pot Trophy the year the -30 contributed to them to falling out of the FL, beating Scunny in the final who had beat us in the 2 legged Northern final. For some reason I'd totally forgotten about that, we'd even beaten Leicester City in the Q final. Other current day 'big boys' in the competition that year included B&HA, Bournemouth, Brentford and Leeds.
    I”d forgot all that too,must have been on some non pre scripts or maybe coolade...🤣

With the Premier league considering doing away with the points deductions, when
    clubs overspend, it will become a farce.
    The idea of instead of points deductions, the clubs overspending would pay a
    ' Luxury Tax ', with the luxury tax money being shared by other clubs.

Whether the luxury tax money will be shared by the EFL clubs, its not clear.

If the new system comes into force, the big backed money clubs like Manchester
    City, Newcastle United can buy at free will, with the Arab paymasters.

The big clubs reason to bring the luxury tax fines in, is because they deem that
    players will leave their clubs & not come to their clubs, due to wages they can pay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast