+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 📅Match Postponed Thread: Stockport County (H) 20.01.24

Maybe, it seems strange they would put it on if not true

Forecast is for warmer weather over the
    weekend, so changed from off to on after looking at forecast

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Maybe, it seems strange they would put it on if not true
    I work in a similar sort of comms role - it's possible they know there's going to be a pitch inspection, so will pre-prepare both outcomes ready to just publish one when they know the outcome and someone accidentally hit publish when making them.

I don't really see why they'd do a pitch inspection today, might as well leave the covers on overnight and find out in the morning with Stockport not being a huge trip.

I just saw that the Stags game is off again. I was confident that, with our frost covers and heaters plus the forecast improving, our game would be on but not so sure now. Really want it to go ahead as it’s a game I can attend.

Can't see why it would be off. It's not going to go below zero again between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Can't see why it would be off. It's not going to go below zero again between now and then.
    Agreed. And it's 6° tomorrow according to the Met Office. There is the one strip which doesn't get the sun, but you'd think they'd have the drug dealers' lamps on that.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I just saw that the Stags game is off again. I was confident that, with our frost covers and heaters plus the forecast improving, our game would be on but not so sure now. Really want it to go ahead as it’s a game I can attend.
    It looked worse for a game in December that ended up going ahead so should be fine. As Jacob alluded to probably expecting a pitch inspection and don't want to spend their Saturday morning typing it out if it does get called off.

Swale, since the announcement seems to have been a mistake, could you delete this thread please

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely expecting goals. We have so much talent going forward. Our front four (Langstaff, Jones, McGoldrick and Crowley) are all L1 quality. But our defence has been a shambles recently, not helped by two keepers lacking confidence (and perhaps ability) and the loss of Palmer, who, despite not being a tough-tackling midfielder, did a great job protecting the back four and picking the ball deep and working it through the lines. We just aren't the same team without him.

Should be a good game anyway!
    Agreed, arguably Championship but for injury/age. Hearing rumours that clubs of that level are interested in Langstaff too. (Fun fact: Our old useless manager, Rusk, turned him down before you.)

Bostock impressed me most in our home game though. Absolutely ran the show and looked a step ahead of everyone. If we make it to L1 that's the key position for us to recruit in. We either have Croasdale who's an excellent defensive mid and tireless but limited on/with the ball or Camps (a lesser Bostock) who can play it but gets exposed defensively. We pick and choose depending in the game situation at this level but we can't afford that at L1. Is Palmer available...?

I saw you brought in LAH who we had on loan but he couldn't displace Hinchliffe (as many have tried in the last few seasons). Was decent for us and probably suits your style but I didn't see anything that wowed me/ was the level of his brother.

What's the chance of it being P-P?

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Mansfield's pitch is a joke, bit of drizzle will have their games off

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast