+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank goodness that season is over

Thank goodness that season is over

A shocking season dominated by horrible to watch tippy tappy football.

The appointment of Collins has set the club back - and cost the directors promotion and money.
    It would be interesting to find out which person at the club thought Collins was a good fit.
    I suspect Khaled had a big hand in that.

Fingers firmly crossed that the right HC is found this time.
    After the last appointment it does throw a bit of doubt on it.
    I don’t want an HC like Duff.
    We need an HC like Ismael - better still if it was Ismael himself.

But I'm 100% confident the squad will be stronger next season.
    This close season is gunna be mightily interesting.

More repeats in there than ITV and that takes some doing.

Good post Nudger. A can see straight through thi

Very big summer ahead.

Need to get the right coach in as soon as we can. If it’s Williamson, then get on the blower as soon as their playoff campaign is done.

And of course we need to sign a large number of players to replace the out of contract ones and loan returnees. Let’s hope work is already well under way with that. There’s some decent freebies going from teams in this league come June so hopefully we’re tuned into that.

It might be appreciated by fans if the club made some kind of statement/ up-date of the present situation and their hopes for this summer and next season. Little or nothing has been said for weeks except for the Buy Season Tickets, Eat Our Sunday Carvery type stuff.

The creation of the Fan Advisory Board has effectively muted fan involvement, being a liitle group filled with Club Loyalists, the usual names offering little or no challenge to the Owners/Senior Officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    A shocking season dominated by horrible to watch tippy tappy football.

The appointment of Collins has set the club back - and cost the directors promotion and money.
    It would be interesting to find out which person at the club thought Collins was a good fit.
    I suspect Khaled had a big hand in that.

Fingers firmly crossed that the right HC is found this time.
    After the last appointment it does throw a bit of doubt on it.
    I don’t want an HC like Duff.
    We need an HC like Ismael - better still if it was Ismael himself.

But I'm 100% confident the squad will be stronger next season.
    This close season is gunna be mightily interesting.
    I have a simple answer Nudge , if in future you are not happy with the style of football you are watching then simply change channel on your tv or use the off button, simples !!

Would it be a daft suggestion that you keep Devaney as HC, he seems to have done a remarkable job in his few games and clearly has the players behind him as well as the fans if Tuesdays anything to go by?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It might be appreciated by fans if the club made some kind of statement/ up-date of the present situation and their hopes for this summer and next season. Little or nothing has been said for weeks except for the Buy Season Tickets, Eat Our Sunday Carvery type stuff.

The creation of the Fan Advisory Board has effectively muted fan involvement, being a liitle group filled with Club Loyalists, the usual names offering little or no challenge to the Owners/Senior Officers.
    I think basically what’s happening now is supporters scrambling around looking for reasons why it all went so wrong.
    So it would be great if someone from the club gave an update.
    Do those at the club believe we just watch the game and then go home and forget about the club.
    We are more intelligent and interested in the club than that.
    Well I am.

Might be an idea if reporters could find us some news.
    Instead of just giving us their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I think basically what’s happening now is supporters scrambling around looking for reasons why it all went so wrong.
    So it would be great if someone from the club gave an update.
    Do those at the club believe we just watch the game and then go home and forget about the club.
    We are more intelligent and interested in the club than that.
    Well I am.

Might be an idea if reporters could find us some news.
    Instead of just giving us their opinions.
    If reporters just give us their opinions it probably means they can't get any news out of the club; which shows what an uncommunicative, closed shop the club must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    If reporters just give us their opinions it probably means they can't get any news out of the club; which shows what an uncommunicative, closed shop the club must be.
    Or the reporters are not very good lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast