+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ground renting

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    OK, I may have been exaggerating slightly on the Putin level of annexation () but by God it's got them right frothing.........

More importantly, if what you're saying is now the current situation tA, then that's absolutely fine by me with no quibbles whatsoever. However, whether it's a slither, 1%, 1.5 %, 25 %, it's irrelevant - none of that publicly owned land is their's to be building on. If what you're saying is correct and the plans have been altered then clearly the knowledge they can't just do that is exactly what's come to pass.
    At least Putin really believes all that land belonged/belongs to him. DFC Crimea has a good ring to it, langir bus trip than Campy tho....

What I'm saying is there danger on both sides.

Far more danger to DFC ending up at tannadice at the moment but if this thing is built I think it swings the other way.

Curious......I don't know how well thought of Spence is on here but reading between the lines he seemed to be suggesting it wud be an easier sell to utd fans if utd were involved from the start rather than moving into something a few years down the line.

No so sure about that myself.

Anyway mibbe see yiz next year......mibbe.😆

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Far more danger to DFC ending up at tannadice at the moment but if this thing is built I think it swings the other way.

Curious......I don't know how well thought of Spence is on here but reading between the lines he seemed to be suggesting it wud be an easier sell to utd fans if utd were involved from the start rather than moving into something a few years down the line.

You've created some scenario in your own head. 😂 You will move to Campy, and the only way we'd ever have to move there, is if we need somewhere to reside whilst we move to another stadium because ours has fallen down. The latter isn't going to happen in our lifetimes, so just chill. 😂

I do think there's an element of potential danger for us. Emphasis on potential.

The level of debt Ogren has racked up means it could take several years to see some return and failure to return to the Premier and stay there could actually see it getting worse. He's now only funding essential expenditure. (If he'd done that in the first place instead of getting suckered by Asghar......)
    He doesn't have a vanity get out of jail project like the Texans do. (All the annual DFC losses are accepted on the basis of the Campy paying a massive dividend)

Ogren isn't a lifelong dyed in the wool fan, and the potential risk would be that he could see a ground share at Campy as a way of selling assets and recouping some of his debt, like GB was saying. It's unlikely but in business you never know.

More likely outcome is that said glossy stadium never sees the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

There's definitely a danger of homophobic racist Covid deniers like you infecting our board though.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I hope Ogren isnae thinking that selling everything we own and renting at Campy is a solution to him recovering some of the money he's lost.
    He is going to be selling some of his stake to a half-Scottish lad called Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    There's definitely a danger of homophobic racist Covid deniers like you infecting our board though.
    He does like his golf to be fair Stokie……….

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    You forgot anti SNP tory voting boris loving pensioner hater , apart from that pretty spot on a horrible bigot individual

Almost surreal we are even discussing this

Tannadice is more than good enough for us, not even comparable to the dump across the road, it's an excellent stadium of a decent size and our home, it's had proper investment in the last few decades, we don't want tenants and we don't want to groundshare elsewhere

Spence and co can do one

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Almost surreal we are even discussing this

Tannadice is more than good enough for us, not even comparable to the dump across the road, it's an excellent stadium of a decent size and our home, it's had proper investment in the last few decades, we don't want tenants and we don't want to groundshare elsewhere

Spence and co can do one
    We all knew last January we needed a keeper to keep us up,the owner did not agree and even suggested if relegated it would just be a one season jolly.I agree with most of your post but i don't have a say and the reason its being discussed is because some of us are wondering out loud if Ogren may want to be part of the Campy project and do FPS need a large chunk of our park to make it happen.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)