+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ground renting

Tannadice is a great stadium for the requirements. It has it's faults, like most... (lang legs in the JK etc.) Great views from most areas. (including the JK) Not too far from the pitch from any seat. Decent hospo facilities. Add to that a pretty decent loyal home support, no matter what.

And that doesn't include the history and memories, some well before my time.

Unless forced out.........LONG LIVE TANNADICE !

There aren't many clubs that still reside in the stadium the club started in. We are one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    We all knew last January we needed a keeper to keep us up,the owner did not agree and even suggested if relegated it would just be a one season jolly.I agree with most of your post but i don't have a say and the reason its being discussed is because some of us are wondering out loud if Ogren may want to be part of the Campy project and do FPS need a large chunk of our park to make it happen.
    Yip.If it comes down to it.WHO would be fine with sharing a ground with THEM. Rather than not having a UNITED to support. It could come down to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Tannadice is a great stadium for the requirements. It has it's faults, like most... (lang legs in the JK etc.) Great views from most areas. (including the JK) Not too far from the pitch from any seat. Decent hospo facilities. Add to that a pretty decent loyal home support, no matter what.

And that doesn't include the history and memories, some well before my time.

Unless forced out.........LONG LIVE TANNADICE !
    Well said big Ron. You make a resounding case for staying where we are.
    There's not much wrong with Tanners.
    Let's stay there forever. (Not sure how long that might be...)
    LONG LIVE TANNADICE INDEED!

Tannadice is perfect for us and it is our home.

I hope we NEVER move

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    Yip.If it comes down to it.WHO would be fine with sharing a ground with THEM. Rather than not having a UNITED to support. It could come down to that.
    I wouldn't share my last shyte with them. FTD!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Tannadice is perfect for us and it is our home.

I hope we NEVER move
    Agreed, you can walk to tannadice from town, easier back, and there’s life, people, shops and especially great pubs all around

We just need a team that keeps the supporters happy and the turnstiles turning

Eventually I think we will see some sort of fan buy out/in at tannadice, ultimately we’re the only ones who care enough to subsidise our side, can’t rely on individual benefactors any more, we need a community take over.

If Dundee are planning on leaving Dens soon as their radical non maintenance plan suggests events may happen relatively quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Agreed, you can walk to tannadice from town, easier back, and there’s life, people, shops and especially great pubs all around

We just need a team that keeps the supporters happy and the turnstiles turning

Eventually I think we will see some sort of fan buy out/in at tannadice, ultimately we’re the only ones who care enough to subsidise our side, can’t rely on individual benefactors any more, we need a community take over.

If Dundee are planning on leaving Dens soon as their radical non maintenance plan suggests events may happen relatively quickly.
    Came across this:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1...ing-awards.pdf

Does this mean Dens stadium licence is still awaiting renewal?

I say the following knowing that at this stage its all hypothetical until planning is submitted/approved .

I love Tannadice , in an ideal world I would always pick to remain at our home .

But the reality is this .
    If ( and again at this stage its still an IF ) the "New Campy" project goes ahead I don't think anyone can deny this is going to be an absolute massive thing for the Dee's .In fact not only a big thing for them individually as a club but looking at the bigger picture I cant help but agree with Jim Spence who, like him or loathe him we all know is a true passionate Arab , when he says if this project goes ahead it can be game changer for football in this city .

Football doesn't stand still , if you don't move with the times you can go from a once big club to one that has fallen quite remarkably and very quickly if you aren't careful ( Just look across the road ironically for evidence of that ) and these falls can often taken a very long time to climb out of if ever at all .

We are a club deeply in debt , currently playing outwith the top flight and with an owner wanting his cash out and to walk away if stories are to be believed.

Would we rather be part of something that was going to make huge financial sense, benefits our club and helps us move forward or do we potentially stagnate or even worse regress but in doing so go to bed at nights knowing at least we are still at Tannadice ?

A potential new stadium ground share would see our running costs fall dramatically and would afford us extra income streams on match days and beyond.

Personally I would not be against the idea if it helps our own club which undoubtedly I think it would .

I know its been said a million times before but its very true , if its good enough for Inter & AC Milan its surely good enough for Dundee's two sides .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    I say the following knowing that at this stage its all hypothetical until planning is submitted/approved .

I love Tannadice , in an ideal world I would always pick to remain at our home .

But the reality is this .
    If ( and again at this stage its still an IF ) the "New Campy" project goes ahead I don't think anyone can deny this is going to be an absolute massive thing for the Dee's .In fact not only a big thing for them individually as a club but looking at the bigger picture I cant help but agree with Jim Spence who, like him or loathe him we all know is a true passionate Arab , when he says if this project goes ahead it can be game changer for football in this city .

Football doesn't stand still , if you don't move with the times you can go from a once big club to one that has fallen quite remarkably and very quickly if you aren't careful ( Just look across the road ironically for evidence of that ) and these falls can often taken a very long time to climb out of if ever at all .

We are a club deeply in debt , currently playing outwith the top flight and with an owner wanting his cash out and to walk away if stories are to be believed.

Would we rather be part of something that was going to make huge financial sense, benefits our club and helps us move forward or do we potentially stagnate or even worse regress but in doing so go to bed at nights knowing at least we are still at Tannadice ?

A potential new stadium ground share would see our running costs fall dramatically and would afford us extra income streams on match days and beyond.

Personally I would not be against the idea if it helps our own club which undoubtedly I think it would .

I know its been said a million times before but its very true , if its good enough for Inter & AC Milan its surely good enough for Dundee's two sides .
    No thanks and no way 🙅*♂️

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)