+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Darvel Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
    yep :-) 2000 you were caught alright. Saved by circumstances but your pride wasn't as everyone knew. Must feel similar to Prince Andrew.
    Not this sh*te again!

FACT - Aberdeen did not stay up in 1999-2000 because of any 'shenanigans' or preferential treatment.
    In fact the bottom club (whoever they were) were expected to do something the teams of 1985-86 and 1990-91 weren't; take part in playoffs!

1985-86 no relegation - league expanded from 10 to 12
    Motherwell & Clydebank stay up; Hamilton Academical & Falkirk promoted

1990-91 no relegation - league expanded from 10 to 12
    Hibernian & StMirren stay up; Falkirk & Airdrie promoted

1999-00 no relegation - league expanded from 10 to 12
    Aberdeen stay up; StMirren & Dunfermline promoted
    Playoffs between Aberdeen, Dunfermline & Falkirk cancelled because Falkirk's ground fails League regs.

FACT - Aberdeen did not deprive Falkirk of promotion!
    Only in 1999-2000 did we benefit from Falkirk's woes, and even then they would have had to beat us in a playoff.

1997-98 Hibernian relegated, Dundee promoted.
    Playoff between Motherwell and Falkirk cancelled because Falkirk's ground fails regs.

1999-00 Aberdeen not relegated - league expanded from 10 to 12 teams.
    Playoffs cancelled because Falkirk fail to meet ground regs.

2002-03 Motherwell not relegated because Falkirk fail to meet ground regs.

Only Motherwell, in 2002-03, were actually saved from certain relegation due to Falkirk's own failings.

So get that right up ye!

Guys, I widna bother responding to white-tw@ts attempts to troll on here and wind us up.

First of all, he is not a Hearts fan ... he's a Sunderland fan.

The Sunderland board is dead .... therefore he trolls other teams forums for attention, particularly Newcastle United.

He is regularly banned and returns with a different account name .... previous usernames include -- the-party, wearyside, slider2424, oppositeofwhitecat.

He is an an irritating, Farage felating moron with the social skills and intellectual capacity of a 5 year old. He does not, or cannot engage in debate/discussion of the quality worthy of your time and effort.

Some trolls can be fun to 'play with' ... but this dude is just plain fkn boring.

My advice is to use the ignore function. Granted, he will be back under a different name when he is banned again .... but he is easy to spot .... but if in doubt, simply check the post counts of any poster on the wind up - if less than 30, (he rarely gets beyond 20) then it will likely be this same nutjob.

Starve him of attention and he will go troll elsewhere.

(Yeah, I know, he'll respond to this post, but I will not see it since I have already added him to my 'ignore' list .... so he's all yours if you are daft enough to tolerate).

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Guys, I widna bother responding to white-tw@ts attempts to troll on here and wind us up.

First of all, he is not a Hearts fan ... he's a Sunderland fan.
    Ah, Soonlan!
    That explains his affinity for Hearts - another 'nothing' club.

Bloody spenk!

Quote Originally Posted by listener1903 View Post
    Ah, Soonlan!
    That explains his affinity for Hearts - another 'nothing' club.

Bloody spenk!
    nothing club? You mean the 3rd best in Scotland most year?

nothing club? They gave Graham Rix a job, rehabilitative. Speaks volumes for tge club. In spite of his .....mistakes....... it doesn’t mean he's not a fine upstanding man.
    Well, it's a point of view I guess.

Hi folks. Just wanted to announce the great news that my sister is pregnant. I’m going to be a Dad!
    I’d have kept that to myself mate…

nothing club? You mean the 3rd best in Scotland most year?
    Let's see. In the last twenty seasons Hearts have been third five times, Aberdeen have been third three times.

Oh no!

But wait a minute!

Hearts have been second once (and that was 2005-06) while Aberdeen have been second four times (two of those with the ZombieHun back in the league).

Amazing how facts trump bullish*t, innit?!

Guess you could argue hearts weren't properly relegated in 2020, perhaps we should have pulled an aberdeen from 20 years previous. Mind, we weren't in bed with a sheep so that counted against us.

Guess you could argue hearts weren't properly relegated in 2020, perhaps we should have pulled an aberdeen from 20 years previous. Mind, we weren't in bed with a sheep so that counted against us.
    Scottish football wouldn’t survive without the red pound.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast