+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great presser with Reedtz and Stuart

Yes, I think we all hope tomorrow to goes ahead.

Look, everyone's very positive. Hopefully tomorrow will be an incredible start for him.

As with Luke Williams, Stuart comes across as a very likeable and articulate guy. I would imagine he has impressed the players already and they will want to do their best for him.

Immediate impressions to me that considering the differences in LW experiences when joining Notts, and SM's was that I thought SM talked the better game, and sounded more composed. Imagine the difference with a good start to his Notts career.
    Welcome Stuart and his backroom staff
    Presumable JOB reverts to his playing duties?

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Immediate impressions to me that considering the differences in LW experiences when joining Notts, and SM's was that I thought SM talked the better game, and sounded more composed. Imagine the difference with a good start to his Notts career.
    Welcome Stuart and his backroom staff
    Presumable JOB reverts to his playing duties?
    My thoughts too. He seemed to already know our weaknesses , talked with intelligence about his vision and past work at Wealdstone and genuinely seemed humble and excited by the prospect of Managing Notts. Let's hope the lads do him and us proud on Saturday

To be fair, a look at the league table shows you our weakness! Wonder what’s happened in terms of the talk of bringing in the young centre back from Norwich? (Albeit its experience that we really need)

Chris's answer to the question of why he picked SM was the most crucial of the interview, we can work with Stuart & Stuart fits in with our requirements, SM was like a kid in a toy shop whilst this conversation was going on, brilliant.

After watching Stuart Maynard’s interview again after our 6-1 win at their place, his interview on arrival at Meadow Lane, and his performance at the ‘presser’ I think the Reedtz brothers may have done it again. Obviously, only time will tell but I’m pleased we no longer look for a new coach from the old merry-go-round.

LW did a great job and will always be remembered as the coach who led the club back into the EFL, but I was beginning to wonder if he’d maybe taken us as far as he could, bearing in mind he lost seven of his last eleven league games in charge, and didn’t seem able to stop the flow of goals conceded. So, good luck to Stuart and here’s hoping with a tweak here and there he can combine continuing our great attacking play with a tightening of our defence.

As LW has now left the building and no doubt taken his ‘go-to’ word with him for further use, perhaps we ought to come up with an alternative for our new head coach. I’ll start the ball rolling. How about amazing, extraordinary, unbelievable, astonishing.

Couldn’t agree more. I too think Luke spotted a good time to get out with his stock in danger of falling. There’s no doubt he couldn’t solve the defensive problems. We will see if Stuart can

I wish the quality of the press questions matched the quality of the those being presented.

As far as LW via SM on their first interviews I recall posting that LW had something of the Peps (that's Guardiola not Cola!) about him.

It was great to see our owners there doing what owners should be doing. "Calm, all in hand, no panic, we've had it covered."

Also in another interview SM said he and his team were moving to Nottingham. Don't know much about his personal life (wife? kids?) but I think LW was finding it a strain being away from home and there was nowhere to go to without effort to get away from things. I wonder if that was more or less made a condition of the appointment, or at least made clear that would be the expectation.

Most importantly is the fact that this is, or should be, a mere continuation of the same theme that we've been on for 3-4 years. Nothing will really change except that we will gradually keep on getting better, even if there are a few bumps on the way.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast