+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yes but you have to start somewhere.

It is also hard to get out the NL too lets not forget that.

Im not comparing him to Warnock/Jimmy or even Walker but he got us out at tbe first attempt he deserves our respect.

I just cant join in with the glee of mocking him like some are doing its quite sad / pathetic to see.
    I'm agreeing with you again, but with a caveat. I 100% agree that LW did a fantastic job last season and got us out out of that god awful league. However, his tactics may only have worked against lesser teams. As mentioned before, it seems that the higher he goes up the leagues, the more he will get sussed out.

You can only blame so much on the players. A good coach can get the best out of lower quality players, but a not-so-good coach can't.

Time will tell .

Seems like defensive issues will be his downfall higher up the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The thing with football management is that the players are either good enough or not. The whole stats thing about management is Horlicks.. there are some on here that say that Pep is cack, yet his win rate is up there with the best in the world.
    At the end of the day managers are as good as the players that play for them…. Cotterill would have been **** if not for Hughes, Kasper etc
    Some great players will always be ghosts - and for the record i want too add Rodriuges to the list

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Yes. It’s something we’ll never know, but I think if we had stuck with NA or IB we would still be a National League club.

I think Luke Williams was the catalyst that made the experiment work.
    2 average mangers , but out thr 2 LW was streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    2 average mangers ,
    no crib for a bed,
    the little lord LW
    was just streets ahead
    Soz Davy, couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The thing with football management is that the players are either good enough or not. The whole stats thing about management is Horlicks.. there are some on here that say that Pep is cack, yet his win rate is up there with the best in the world.
    At the end of the day managers are as good as the players that play for them…. Cotterill would have been **** if not for Hughes, Kasper etc
    That’s just not true.
    Yes, of course a manager that has better players stands to have a much easier job (not factoring in expectation.)
    You only need to look at what Emery has done at Villa with virtually the same squad that Gerrard had.
    He has changed the whole system and put players in areas where they’ve flourished. I go to a few Villa games and you wouldn’t believe it’s the same squad.
    On the other side of that is what Rooney did with Birmingham.
    Players are humans, not machines.
    Being good at football is only one element to what makes them a good player. A managers job is to identify all the other elements and bring them together.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Said he could be out of a job before the end of the season. Takes time to implement a style. Something fans & Owners don't have time for. Believe he will regret this. Time will tell
    Said to my Bro yesterday that installing his methods from scratch would take a long time , he was a fair way along the line with previous managers input at Notts, & I doubt if Swansea's owners or fans will have the patience, pity if true because he will make a great manager in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He went to to watch them playing on Tuesday night in the North Midland Reserve League, and later on the Pontins League...
    When we were not playing he could and scouts helped too so agreed.

Football now isnt done like that now its all on stats, videos and contacts.

Two of the best Pep/Klopp you never see them at any games as they just dont have the time and Jimmy wouldnt if he was PL manager now media is a big part too.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    When we were not playing he could and scouts helped too so agreed.

Football now isnt done like that now its all on stats, videos and contacts.

Two of the best Pep/Klopp you never see them at any games as they just dont have the time and Jimmy wouldnt if he was PL manager now media is a big part too.
    I reckon Jimmy would actually whenever he could.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Said to my Bro yesterday that installing his methods from scratch would take a long time , he was a fair way along the line with previous managers input at Notts, & I doubt if Swansea's owners or fans will have the patience, pity if true because he will make a great manager in the long run.
    If he wants to become a great manager, he’s going to have to start understanding the importance of the defensive side of the game as well. Coming across as very naive at the moment. This is what he said last night:

Swansea head coach Luke Williams on S4C:

"It was a horrible night for us.

"I apologised to the players as I tried to set up the team to cause a problem for the opposition. Because it's a cup game we have to find a way to win the game.

"I got the balance wrong, too many players in advanced positions and in the turnover too few players to stem the attack and the opposition were very good.

"It was very difficult to get near their goal and in the second half we tried to limit the damage because the scoreline was too heavy. We were playing against an outstanding team."

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast