+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Your comments are baffling as they are moronic. How you can laugh at Swansea's results and mock our former manager after the best football I've seen from a Notts team in my long years of being a supporter is disgusting and frankly, juvenile.
    Well he is only 11

Quote Originally Posted by ladyretfordpie View Post
    Your comments are baffling as they are moronic. How you can laugh at Swansea's results and mock our former manager after the best football I've seen from a Notts team in my long years of being a supporter is disgusting and frankly, juvenile.
    Any decent coach could have achieved those results with that team.. No disrespect to the bus drivers and gas engineers that we were playing against..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Any decent coach could have achieved those results with that team.. No disrespect to the bus drivers and gas engineers that we were playing against..
    How many part time teams do you think were in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    How many part time teams do you think were in the league?
    At least 4, and some of the full time players add additional jobs to supplement their wage..

At least 4, and some of the full time players add additional jobs to supplement their wage..
    There were only three last season. Not sure about the other seasons.

Well Wealdstone and dorking were, I’m not sure there was one more last season for sure or not, but to allude we were just having to beating part time teams was quite wide of the mark, any players having additional jobs is irrelevant if they have a full time commitment to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It's the manner in which he left. They've admitted themselves that he was tapped up (watch his welcome interview, he gets a call from his agent saying their chairman is coming to his house, not from Notts' board). For me, it's not that I want LW to fail, but Swansea, it's just unfortunate that it would probably put an end to LW managerial ambitions, certainly in the upper echelons
    How come you know the full story? How do you know that Swansea didn't approach Notts and Notts gave permission for those conversations to take place.

I don't believe for one minute that Swansea, Notts or Williams did the dirty that Bolton and Fat Sam contrived, namely "walk out on your job and we'll give you a job in a few days time. Leave a note under the door just to let them know you've left".

Disgusting behaviour, but then Fat Sam wasn't known for being on the level all the time was he? Sam Allardyce was sacked as England manager on Tuesday having behaved “inappropriately” when seeking a lucrative sideline role while talking to undercover reporters, bringing a crushing end to his dream job after one match and 67 days in charge.

Idiot (Fat Sam I mean).

So you admit he was a decent coach? Even though you are way off the mark with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    How come you know the full story? How do you know that Swansea didn't approach Notts and Notts gave permission for those conversations to take place.

I don't believe for one minute that Swansea, Notts or Williams did the dirty that Bolton and Fat Sam contrived, namely "walk out on your job and we'll give you a job in a few days time. Leave a note under the door just to let them know you've left".

Disgusting behaviour, but then Fat Sam wasn't known for being on the level all the time was he? Sam Allardyce was sacked as England manager on Tuesday having behaved “inappropriately” when seeking a lucrative sideline role while talking to undercover reporters, bringing a crushing end to his dream job after one match and 67 days in charge.

Idiot (Fat Sam I mean).
    What was noticeable is that when Burchnall left the Notts statement said that they wanted to put on record their appreciation of the way FGR conducted themselves, but nothing like that when Luke Williams left. May have had something to do with Jason Turner not being there.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

Idiot (Fat Sam I mean).
    There is so much evidence that points to my comments. In Swansea's welcome press conference, LW said he agent told him their chairman was in his way to his house so he got the vacuum out. Had they made an approach to Notts first, the board would have said to LW that they've received an approach and permission was granted for him to talk to them.

The second bit of evidence is that when IB left, they tha ked Forest Green for their professionalism in their approach. We also did the same with Wealdstone, there was no such comment in LW's leaving statement. It's quite obvious they had annoyed the board, along with the length of negotiations as well, it was quite obvious that we had the upper hand rather than the other way around

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast