+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Clough

Anti-Clough

I’m just posting to apologise for my recent antagonising, criticising and name calling towards you. I’m actually a fairly reasonable person, most of the time, but there’s something about being anonymous that can bring out some of the worst in me….it doesn’t make me feel good.

Internet message boards are brilliant, I think we’re both long standing members of this one actually, but they also places where we sometimes, rightly or wrongly, let go of day to day stresses in a way that we wouldn’t be brave enough to do in face to face situations.

I know it’s only a message board, and personally I expect abuse if I give some, but I don’t take enough time to think if the person on the other end of my abuse feels the same and how it may affect them.

Apologies AC.

TSANHO, I didn't expect this. It's big of you, and as it all doesn't matter anyway of course I accept and offer my own apologies in return.
    It's a weird dynamic, isn't it? Someone posts, the other replies too critically, the first responds in kind, and away you both go, towards something resembling hate. Only it can't be, the subject's trivial and you're anonymous. You tell yourself it's a virtual feeling and the other person will know that too. But (unless you're a psycho) it doesn't feel good as you say. You can underestimate after all these years how almost real these identities become.
    Posters know nigh-on absolutely nothing about each other. For my part, I have massive workload and pressure, have just been through the mother of all house moves, and have a degree of family/personal stuff as well. I imagine most of us have exactly the same, or worse. So most are not starting from a good place when they log-in to this site. We forget this.

On all things Notts, I'm sure there's far more we agree on than disagree. I'll easily go back to reading your posts with the same interest and respect I did for all these years, before it suddenly got silly

Now if only you two could be put in charge of Gaza and Israel, or Ukraine and Russia, the world would be a calmer place.

My respect for you two (already high) just shot up a couple of notches.

🥰😇🤣

Excellent read. 👍

Great stuff from both of you!

Love it! An anti-handbags thread

All good 🖐 😇

To be honest I'm a bit annoyed with the pair of you! You could have kept it going until next Friday night and we could have had a mega love-in before the game on Saturday! Now what are we going to do?
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 21-01-2024 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast