+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Good to read the above mate, glad you had a good time.

I stayed up to see the ticker tape scores being updated on Trinity X and after a wobble we came out worthy winners but for sure you get no freebies at Batley, credit to them.

Whilst we do not want to be in the Championship I think it's a great opportunity for the club to re-group which they are doing big time thanks to the takeover by Matt Ellis. Also to be able to visit some old historical clubs. The last time I went to Batley Don Fox was playing for them!

Next up Toulouse and only our second league game at home this season due to the water works issues. I will be working in China so a 1am kick off local time could well be a problem.

Betfred Championship Round 6

Wakefield Trinity 28 - 12 Toulouse

A very chilly evening at Belle Vue , it fair got in to my old bones tonight , I thought this was a bloody summer game ?

Another one of our potential rivals for promotion back to Super League beaten tonight although as ever we made it harder for ourselves than it actually was .

Toulouse levelled at 12 - 12 with kick to come half way through the second half , missed the conversion to go ahead and consequently Trinity stepped up and scored three unanswered tries in the last 20 minutes .

Walmsley's second try of the evening and 16th of the season was pure class , there simply wasn't any room in the corner but he touched down none the less with his body displaying agility that you can't believe is possible .

6 wins out of 6 and we go to Sheffield Eagles next Friday tonight to face the only other unbeaten team in the championship unless they surprisingly lose at home to Barrow tomorrow afternoon .

A good result in the end then Animal. With the 7 hour time difference did not stay up for the game commentary.

Not too convincing but another 2 points.

My feeling is that Sheffield could well be the toughest game of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    A good result in the end then Animal. With the 7 hour time difference did not stay up for the game commentary.

Not too convincing but another 2 points.

My feeling is that Sheffield could well be the toughest game of the season so far.
    In my opinion Chop hiring Daryl Powell as HC is proving to be a real smart decision from Matt Ellis .

Powell's experience of the Championship at Fev is pure gold dust , it isn't so much that the Championship is a tough league but more the different challenges it throws at you every week and how you overcome them .

Toulouse defended their line brilliantly in that first half and were well aware of our strengths especially on that really productive left edge we have , they were reading our plays and shut us down , the try we did score in that first half was from Toulouse possession in our half and Jowit came off the line and intercepted a pass on to Walmsley who ran 60 yards to touch down .

We changed tactics in the second half and got the forwards running on good lines and Toulouse couldn't handle them , Atoni on the crash ball ten metres from the line isn't something many teams can stop .

In my opinion the forwards are Super League ready , they are getting better every game but there's work to be done in the halfs , Lino is a frustrating player and this is probably Gale's last season given his age .

We keep finding a way to win comfortably in the end but that's down to Powell identifying what needs to change .

Sheffield Eagles will be tough but I expect us to get through yet another different kind of challenge on that artificial surface .

Up The Trin .

Wakefield Trinity sign England forward Mike McMeeken from the Catalan Dragons for the 2025 season on a four year contract .

Wow , what a signing that is Chop for next season , absolutely top notch SL forward coming to Belle Vue .

This is a really different club these day's mate .

Interview with Recruitment Manager Steve Mills on the McMeeken signing for you Chop .

https://youtu.be/qsr1ABH72I0?si=eU21ugFfIat9sr-7

Betfred Championship Round 7

Sheffield Eagles 10 - 36 Wakefield Trinity

Trinity make it 7 wins out of 7 and go clear at the top after defeating the previously unbeaten Sheffield Eagles .

This looked pre game a real test and when I arrived at The Olympic Legacy Park I thought it would be an even bigger test , the stadium isn't the best and a shadow of what it once was when it was the Don Valley Stadium , where the stands once were now they are grassed hills with a small stand down one side and a bit of standing at the bottom of the hills .

Trinity fans made up the majority of the crowd but it was difficult to create any atmosphere in such surroundings .

Trinity powered their way to the win tonight , the Eagles just couldn't compete with our forwards who battered them all night .

It was an easier win than I thought it would be and I'll take that all day long .

Up The Trin

Tomorrow afternoon it's the 1895 Cup semi final which in football terms is the EFL trophy , in other words a cup competition minus the Super League club's .

We travel across West Yorkshire to meet old rivals the Bradford Bulls at Odsal Stadium .

The prize is a cup final at Wembley which forms part of a great day of Rugby League and includes both the Women's and Men's Challenge Cup Finals all in one afternoon and early evening .

This is an incredibly big deal for Wakefield Trinity and our fans , we haven't appeared at Wembley stadium since 1979 and I feel as a club it is massively important we win not only tomorrow but in the final itself .

It's important because this competition should be the catalyst that drives us forwards towards the major trophies that we hope we can now aspire to due to the fact we can now at long last financially compete at the very top of Rugby League .

Every journey always starts with the winning of one of the minor trophies in my opinion .

The bad news is that Animal won't be at Wembley on June 8th should we be successful tomorrow afternoon , I'll be on a cruise and in Lisbon on the big day .

As the saying goes , " you couldn't make it up " .

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910