+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It was inevitable that you would know Alf and Clare Ellis Nudge but let's not hijack the thread to make it all about you.
    Not about me.
    Im asking whether it’s the same family.
    And how I came to know Alf.
    I don’t know his wife.

So SB - is it the same family ?
    If it is - then how is Matt related ?
    And how did yer know Alfs wife is called Clare - do you know them ?
    Many people will have met them - as well as working at the pit Alf (and his wife) used to sell underwear etc in Barnsley Market under the ramp.

Just Google "Ultima Ki tchens" and scroll to "History" No further comment from me. It spoils the flow of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Just Google "Ultima Ki tchens" and scroll to "History" No further comment from me. It spoils the flow of the thread.
    Ok - I’ve just read the history - got to say I didn’t find it very enthralling.

Don’t know why you have taken offence regarding the questions - there’s nothing in those questions that are offensive.
    Just plain owd curiosity - that’s all.

Maybe those interested in Wakefield rugby might be interested to hear that the new owners have links to mining in Barnsley.
    That’s if the new owner is related of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ok - I’ve just read the history - got to say I didn’t find it very enthralling.

Don’t know why you have taken offence regarding the questions - there’s nothing in those questions that are offensive.
    Just plain owd curiosity - that’s all.

Maybe those interested in Wakefield rugby might be interested to hear that the new owners have links to mining in Barnsley.
    That’s if the new owner is related of course.
    Nope not interested!

Just enough to say a Barnsley lad is now the owner of both DIY ******** and Wakefield Trinity and he watched his first rugby league game in 1999 when Trinity played at Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Nope not interested!

Just enough to say a Barnsley lad is now the owner of both DIY ******** and Wakefield Trinity and he watched his first rugby league game in 1999 when Trinity played at Oakwell.
    Fair enough.

I - and I’d suppose I’m far from the only one on here - have no interest whatsoever in rugby.

But I wouldn’t dream of condemning those that have for posting about it.

It all adds to the conversation.

I’ll be there on Friday.
    It’s difficult to assess what the crowd will be particularly as season ticket sales are reputedly over 5,000.
    I think a lot of tickets were £100 which has obviously had the required effect.

Trin are clear favourites to finish top and the Bulls are well fancied as well so their first league match should give a good indication of what lies ahead

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    I’ll be there on Friday.
    It’s difficult to assess what the crowd will be particularly as season ticket sales are reputedly over 5,000.

Trin are clear favourites to finish top and the Bulls are well fancied as well so their first league match should give a good indication of what lies ahead
    My guess X11 is around 3000 this Friday could be more but not bad for a friendly.

Are you on a freebie again or actually paying

Quote Originally Posted by x11barnsley View Post
    I’ll be there on Friday.

Funnily enough it's the £100 ST's that haven't sold out , the North Stand is totally sold out and only bits and bobs left in the Don Fox Stand .

NEIL Fox Animal.

3 brothers but the best by a country mile playing wise was Neil.

Brothers Don and Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    NEIL Fox Animal.

3 brothers but the best by a country mile playing wise was Neil.

Brothers Don and Peter.
    I always get them mixed up Chop , they were way before my time , Don was the one who missed the conversion in the Watersplash Final wasn't he .

The poor lad .

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast