+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Depite the curtailed game last Friday v Wigan, really enjoyed the game. No such thing as friendly games in rugby !

Trinity looked sharp and I was impressed with the way our forwards nullified a strong Wigan pack. We looked really sharp too with ball in hand,

New East Stand facilities excellent. 4000+ attendance very good for Matty Ashurst testimonial game against his home town Wigan. Funnily enough his first club he played for was Wigan's biggest rivals St Helens.

Will be going to the Cup game tomorrow v York, which is the first real competitive game so a good test to see where we are development wise in what will be a tough game against seasoned campaigners in York Knights.

Up the Trin!
    Enjoy your day Chop , be sure to post a report when you get back .

There was a real buzz around Belle Vue last Friday night , a buzz I've never experienced before , the Wigan fans were very impressed with our performance , decent bunch to be fair .

Betfred 1895 Cup

York Knights 04 - Trinity 40

With Newcastle Thunder still to come that win today more or less puts Trinity through to the knock out stages of this competition .

Sounded like a very good professional performance from Trinity and I await Chops verdict on the game when he arrives back from a windy and rain soaked York later on .

A comprehensive victory today for Wakefield Trinity away at the LNER community stadium against York Knights in the Championship cup game.

The out of town location suits visiting fans with good road access and free parking near to the ground.

The stadium is really smart, all seated 8500 capacity, with good catering facilities. A great away following for the Mighty Trin, over 1200 supporters in the ground.

Trinity dominated the first 30 minutes and scored 4 really good first half tries all well converted by Max Jowitt in difficult swirling wind conditions.

York played their part in sticking to trying to play an expansive game but the Trinity defence nullified their attacks through out the game.

The referee seemed intent on penalising Wakefield at regular intervals from late into the first half until the end of the game to try and even the game up which also resulted in York scoring their only try.

A late try gave Wakefield the 40 points score which was well deserved.

Still early season so for sure onwards and upwards, the performances can only improve with game time and fitness.

Back home and a couple of glasses of red and a meal.

Back to reality tomorrow, that four lettered word..... WORK!!

A comprehensive victory today for Wakefield Trinity away at the LNER community stadium against York Knights in the Championship cup game.

The out of town location suits visiting fans with good road access and free parking near to the ground.

The stadium is really smart, all seated 8500 capacity, with good catering facilities. A great away following for the Mighty Trin, over 1200 supporters in the ground.

Trinity dominated the first 30 minutes and scored 4 really good first half tries all well converted by Max Jowitt in difficult swirling wind conditions.

York played their part in sticking to trying to play an expansive game but the Trinity defence nullified their attacks through out the game.

The referee seemed intent on penalising Wakefield at regular intervals from late into the first half until the end of the game to try and even the game up which also resulted in York scoring their only try.

A late try gave Wakefield the 40 points score which was well deserved.

Still early season so for sure onwards and upwards, the performances can only improve with game time and fitness.

Back home and a couple of glasses of red and a meal.

Back to reality tomorrow, that four lettered word..... WORK!!
    Podcast for you to listen to Chop between work if you get the chance , it's called Wakefield Trinity The New Era on Spotify .

Linked it for you .

https://open.spotify.com/episode/45e...RsK3nVZ5l-BNZA

Challenge Cup

Siddal 6 - Wakefield Trinity 70

I was a bit worried in that first half when I checked on the score , 6-6 until Trinity scored just before half-time .

Thankfully the second half was one way traffic and our fitness and ability told in the end .

Credit to the Siddal amateurs for that first half performance , there won't be many teams this season limiting Trinity to six points until the 40th minute .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Challenge Cup

Siddal 6 - Wakefield Trinity 70

I was a bit worried in that first half when I checked on the score , 6-6 until Trinity scored just before half-time .

Thankfully the second half was one way traffic and our fitness and ability told in the end .

Credit to the Siddal amateurs for that first half performance , there won't be many teams this season limiting Trinity to six points until the 40th minute .
    Professional performance in the end, was always going to be a tough start against a strong amatuer team playing on their own soil.

Home 4th round draw with the opportunity to go further.

Dream on .....Wembley.

Professional performance in the end, was always going to be a tough start against a strong amatuer team playing on their own soil.

Home 4th round draw with the opportunity to go further.

Dream on .....Wembley.
    We've got the amateur Hunslet club Chop who beat Castleford's Lock Lane .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We've got the amateur Hunslet club Chop who beat Castleford's Lock Lane .
    Yup I will be at Belle Vue to watch that game Animal.

I fly out to the Far East early March on a long business trip as got a couple of customer visits so going to miss a few games

Yup I will be at Belle Vue to watch that game Animal.

I fly out to the Far East early March on a long business trip as got a couple of customer visits so going to miss a few games
    Can't wait for the first game against the Bradford Bulls , Neil Fox and North Stand totally sold out already .

It's going to be a really big crowd at Belle Vue on opening night because obviously the Bulls will be well backed too .

I'm not sure what the record is for a Championship attendance but we won't be far away I reckon on the night .

Off to Fev on Good Friday too which could be a real feisty affair , mind you good luck to anyone taking this Trinity pack on , never known us have the units we've assembled this close season in that middle .

Searched for the highest Championship game attendance and from what I can see it was Hull KR v Bradford in 2017 with 8817 watching so we will not beat that as currently our capacity is lower than that.

We may return to Super League next season but it's going to take a few seasons of further stadium development to get to around a capacity of 10,000. It's not just the investment but the time to do it.

Our 3 opening games home to Bradford then away to Featherstone and then I think then at York are all tough early season games.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast