+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Searched for the highest Championship game attendance and from what I can see it was Hull KR v Bradford in 2017 with 8817 watching so we will not beat that as currently our capacity is lower than that.

We may return to Super League next season but it's going to take a few seasons of further stadium development to get to around a capacity of 10,000. It's not just the investment but the time to do it.

Our 3 opening games home to Bradford then away to Featherstone and then I think then at York are all tough early season games.
    We've always known Chop we could punch the weight if we could put a team out on the pitch and compete .

10.000 every home game is more than achievable in my opinion , the younger punter coming along wants the facilities that the old ownership started and I'm sure Matt Ellis will soon enough have the West Terrace and the corners done once we are back in Super League .

Although to be fair I enjoyed standing on the West Terrace the other week against Wigan .

I go back 42 years with Trinity on and off , the 79 Challenge Cup Final team had just broken up so I missed David Topliss , Trevor Skerrett , Mike Lampkowski and the Rayne brothers when I started in 1982 .

We've had a few false dawns of course but at least in my time I've never known a buzz around Trinity as there is now .

It all feels a bit surreal really , we've gone from playing at a let's say an historic venue and fighting for survival most seasons to one of Rugby League's most talked about club's with a bloody big target on our backs .

I'm not complaining mind , luvin it .

Challenge Cup Round Four

Wakefield Trinity 78 - 6 Hunslet ARLC

Really enjoyable afternoon at Belle Vue this afternoon , credit to the Hunslet lads who kept going right until the 80th minute and played some decent stuff at times with ball in hand .

Ultimately Trinity had way too much for the plucky amateurs in terms of fitness , strength and speed , the Hunslet number 10 was an interesting character , proper old skool lad , totally bald head and around 22 stone going on , how much was actual muscle was debatable .

Impressive view from the new Neil Fox Stand .

Challenge Cup round five draw coming up at 5pm and the Super League club's come in .

Cas at home for me , all day long .

Got it wrong , next round Super League club's come in .

Never the less .

Tie of the round .

Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity

Bring it on .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Got it wrong , next round Super League club's come in .

Never the less .

Tie of the round .

Featherstone Rovers v Wakefield Trinity

Bring it on .
    Crikey Animal, straight back home then darn to Belle Vue. Was the Mrs wanting you out of the house

I also was there for the game yesterday good win but a average performance IMO.

Their Beefy No 10 class act!!

Going to the Barrow 1895 cup game next Saturday. Tougher game for sure but should win.

Fev away in the Challenge Cup 5th round will be our biggest test to date.

Crikey Animal, straight back home then darn to Belle Vue. Was the Mrs wanting you out of the house

I also was there for the game yesterday good win but a average performance IMO.

Their Beefy No 10 class act!!

Going to the Barrow 1895 cup game next Saturday. Tougher game for sure but should win.

Fev away in the Challenge Cup 5th round will be our biggest test to date.
    Aye definitely under her feet Chop and it was a nice afternoon to boot .

I'm glad we've drawn Fev away because we need a big test before the first game against The Bulls , the last three games we've had have been way too easy for us and I think yesterday it caught up with us a little .

Can't be easy to keep the motivation and concentration going once you are 30 points ahead with two thirds of the game still to play .

If the wife works from home on Saturday I'm going myself Chop but I'll not know till later in the week .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Aye definitely under her feet Chop and it was a nice afternoon to boot .

I'm glad we've drawn Fev away because we need a big test before the first game against The Bulls , the last three games we've had have been way too easy for us and I think yesterday it caught up with us a little .

Can't be easy to keep the motivation and concentration going once you are 30 points ahead with two thirds of the game still to play .

If the wife works from home on Saturday I'm going myself Chop but I'll not know till later in the week .
    Agree the tough cup games coming up v Barrow and then Fev will be good tests, then Bradford in the first league game.

Let me know mate, can meet up at the ground before the game.

Agree the tough cup games coming up v Barrow and then Fev will be good tests, then Bradford in the first league game.

Let me know mate, can meet up at the ground before the game.
    I'm definitely going on Saturday Chop so happy to have a chat , I'll be there around 1.30 PM .

Anywhere near the ticket office works for me .

Up The Mighty Trin

A 3pm kick of Animal - 1 will get to the ground about 2 as got a routine eye check up earlier.

I will come to the ticket office as soon as I get there.

A 3pm kick of Animal - 1 will get to the ground about 2 as got a routine eye check up earlier.

I will come to the ticket office as soon as I get there.
    Better make it 2.30 PM Chop in that case , catching me out these changing KO times .

2-15 boss once into the east stand I don't think can come back out.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast