+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: O/T Official All Things Wakefield Trinity Thread And Others 2024 Season

Good luck lads

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Good luck lads
    Thanks Mate.

Wembley bound we are. Wakefield Trinity on the up on and off the field after so many years of mediocrity. What a difference our Barnsley born owner has made. He also goes to Oakwell to watch the Reds!

Hope not too long before we can see happier times on and off the field at Oakwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Thanks Mate.

Wembley bound we are. Wakefield Trinity on the up on and off the field after so many years of mediocrity. What a difference our Barnsley born owner has made. He also goes to Oakwell to watch the Reds!

Hope not too long before we can see happier times on and off the field at Oakwell.
    Get the job done now buddy. As Animal sez, the first trophy is normally the catalyst to more success.

Will tha be going Chops?

Well firstly I have to say what a sorry sight Odsal Stadium has become , it really is sad to see one of the great and historic Rugby League venues in such a sorry state .

The Bradford Bulls today are a shadow of what they were in the first 10 years of Super League when they had in their ranks some of the greatest players to have ever played the game , Michael Withers , Leon Pryce , Jamie Peacock , Shanti Harpe , Leslie Vainikolo , Robbie Paul and many others .

The Bulls won the lot , World Championship , Challenge Cup and Super League champions and backed by crowds of 20k .

Today they barely had 2k supporters in attendance and were outnumbered by the Trinity fans two to one this afternoon .

1895 Cup

Bradford Bulls 14 - Wakefield Trinity 40

The Bulls played really well first half and led 8-6 at the break , they were energetic , fired up and were making way too many mtrs in their carry's for my liking , the question was could they keep that phenomenal effort up for 80 minutes , the answer was they couldn't and were a spent force in the second half and totally out of gas .

Trinity simply ran all over them in that second half and booked our place at Wembley .

It was an emotional moment after the game with the players and coaching staff sharing the utter joy amongst the mass ranks of Trinity fans , it's been a long time but finally we've made it to Wembley and we will meet the Sheffield Eagles on June 8th .

A very very special day for Trinity and our fans , many were wiping away the tears and I had a real lump in my throat as the celebrations continued .

I somehow think we won't be waiting another 44 years to visit Wembley .

This club is going to become the next Yorkshire superpower to challenge the Lancashire heavyweights and something Yorkshire Rugby League has needed since the demise of the Bradford Bulls .

It was a symbolic day in many respects .

How many, do you lads roughly think, the Trin will take down to Wembley?

How many, do you lads roughly think, the Trin will take down to Wembley?
    I reckon 10k Pass but I wouldn't be surprised to see 15k going down .

With the number of years that's gone since our last visit and the fact a huge majority of our fan base have never seen us at Wembley will come in to play .

It probably doesn't sound too many but in Rugby League terms it's pretty good .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I reckon 10k Pass but I wouldn't be surprised to see 15k going down .

With the number of years that's gone since our last visit and the fact a huge majority of our fan base have never seen us at Wembley will come in to play .

It probably doesn't sound too many but in Rugby League terms it's pretty good .
    Absolutely. Been keeping tabs on this thread. It's nice to hear/read some good news and it'll be interesting to see how Wakey get on in the coming years. Best of luck gents 👍

Absolutely. Been keeping tabs on this thread. It's nice to hear/read some good news and it'll be interesting to see how Wakey get on in the coming years. Best of luck gents 👍
    Much appreciated Pass .

Absolutely. Been keeping tabs on this thread. It's nice to hear/read some good news and it'll be interesting to see how Wakey get on in the coming years. Best of luck gents ��
    Thanks Pass.

All sorted today, train tickets, match tickets and hotel booked for a couple of nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Thanks Pass.

All sorted today, train tickets, match tickets and hotel booked for a couple of nights.
    Thaz got reight idea Chops. If tha gonna do job do it reight

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011