+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLH Could He Return And Your Thoughts

MLH Could He Return And Your Thoughts

Heavily rumoured , it's an appointment that has to be considered by the owners .

They are in the shyte and need an appointment to get the fans back on side and start buying those ST's .

The job he did last season given what he inherited was magnificent and it would tick a lot of boxes .

The consensus seems to be mixed amongst the supporters , his leaving after the long haul statement is something many can't get past .

Whether MLH would take the job is of course another matter but he'd be working alongside a DOF and not Khaled so things have changed here too .

My own opinion is that we won't attract anyone much better and once he starts winning a few games and we seem some decent football all will be forgiven , football fans have about as many principles as a politician .

Much I guess will depend on our budget and his own personal terms , MLH is in a good position to negotiate things to his advantage in my opinion .

Another unknown Austrian with a less than inspiring track record isn't going to cut it and get those ST's sold .

Something will have to give or this thing will get messy .

Duff would be a definite yes from me. Obviously there’s some bitterness from fans about his departure and I was annoyed at the time but let’s be real, no matter who we get in as head coach, they will be looking to use us a stepping stone.

Clearly he wouldn’t have a strong defence like he did last time he was here but I feel he could get us much more organised than we have been this season.

Of the names I’ve seen linked with the job, Duff stands out the most for me. However, I’m still not fully convinced there’s anything in it.

Whether it’s Duff, Williamson, McCann or someone from the continent, I just hope we can get them in within the next couple of weeks. I know players won’t return for training for a while but it would be good to get someone in to have a say on the players we sign.

What’s a MLH ???

New HC is not going to be someone that plays the old fashioned English style like Williamson or the Donny manager or Warnock etc etc etc.

Surely fans realise by now we’ve been burnt badly trying that route with Collins.

It’s very likely to be a HC we haven’t heard of - if possible - from the continent.
    And it wouldn’t surprise me to hear that the hold up in appointing someone is because they are from abroad.

In saying that - someone like the Crawley or Oxford HCs would be great.

Whoever ends up with the job has my sympathy.

It'll take a lot to get the fans back. I think the rot has already set in

According to Nixon MLH is talking to us.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It'll take a lot to get the fans back. I think the rot has already set in
    True.
    And it’s nothing to do with results - and everything to do with performances.

Can’t blame fans concern about what’s gone wrong.
    My thoughts are that it’s obvious what’s gone wrong.
    Poor performances coincide with a new HC playing a totally different style of football.
    That’s no coincidence.
    But some fans just can’t see it.

A must be blind

MLH is "Micky Long Haul" Nudge--a nickname that came in after he reneged on his words when appointed that he was no fly by night, he was here for the long haul to build a team, a "project".. If we are that desperate for success MLH may as well return. He has shat on fans once but fans are only paying customers so he may as well sh1t on us again.

The club has no principles as shown with the appointment of football cheat Ismael.

No compo to pay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    MLH is "Micky Long Haul" Nudge--a nickname that came in after he reneged on his words when appointed that he was no fly by night, he was here for the long haul to build a team, a "project".. If we are that desperate for success MLH may as well return. He has shat on fans once but fans are only paying customers so he may as well sh1t on us again.

The club has no principles as shown with the appointment of football cheat Ismael.

No compo to pay as well.
    Oh right.
    Nowt to do with Major League Hacking then 😊

Personally I don’t want Duff back.
    Not because he left and went to a Championship club - that’s understandable as he’s a young family and he wants to get as much money as he can for them - but it’s because I met him and thought he was a bit dodgy - and secondly he wasn’t brave enough in his team selection.

The player that terrorised Wendy at Swilsboro didn’t start at Wembley as he went for a more defensive line up.
    Plus he changed the formation at the start of his season here from 343 to 352.

Only recent HCs I’d like to see back are Stendel or Ismael.

But guessing I’d say the new HC isn’t going to be an old HC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast