+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Reading v Derby

Curse of manager of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    "Social" media appears to be unanimous in condemning the squad as crap and being poor in defence, midfield and attack. If that's the truth about the season thus far, what does it way about the rest of the division when we are 3rd in goals scored, 4th in goals conceded and 2nd in GD? We're as good as anyone and better than most. Blips happen. Pompey. Bolton and others have had one recently, we appear to be having one now. Anyone who understands football won't be surprised and it was almost always going to happen. The big question is, how long will it last? IMO the next long run needs to start Saturday. Onwards and upwards.
    7 points out of 15 is a fair reflection of our January so far. The two victories - against Fleetwood and Burton - were also far from convincing and, imo, we haven’t played well since the first hour against Wigan, by which time we should have been home and hosed but ended up hanging on for the last twenty minutes.

As MA says, blips are always likely...but the standard in L1 this season is not as high as last and this hiccup has already gone on too long and needs to be ended quickly and convincingly on Saturday.

"Social" media appears to be unanimous in condemning the squad as crap and being poor in defence, midfield and attack. If that's the truth about the season thus far, what does it way about the rest of the division when we are 3rd in goals scored, 4th in goals conceded and 2nd in GD? We're as good as anyone and better than most. Blips happen. Pompey. Bolton and others have had one recently, we appear to be having one now. Anyone who understands football won't be surprised and it was almost always going to happen. The big question is, how long will it last? IMO the next long run needs to start Saturday. Onwards and upwards.
    I doubt whats on social media is the truth to be fair. I'd question the way Warne swaps tactics and players but then to be fair, he needs to rotate the squad and not having Nyambe and Forsyth has altered the balance. One positive, Elder played well, a negative, Hourihane, Bird, Sibley and Cashin had a nightmare game and JJ is injured again.

There was always going to be a slump, as you rightly say, can we get out of it before it dents any hope of an automatic place?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I doubt whats on social media is the truth to be fair. I'd question the way Warne swaps tactics and players but then to be fair, he needs to rotate the squad and not having Nyambe and Forsyth has altered the balance. One positive, Elder played well, a negative, Hourihane, Bird, Sibley and Cashin had a nightmare game and JJ is injured again.

There was always going to be a slump, as you rightly say, can we get out of it before it dents any hope of an automatic place?
    I never said it was. Merely reporting what I've seen online. I missed most of the game as I was on a flight back from Fuerteventura and got home in time to catch the last 10 minutes. In fact, the whole essence of my post was to point out that we are up there among the highest scorers, conceded less and therefore have an excellent GD.

No tactical switch would've made a jot last night, we couldn't pass, cross, tackle, control the ball... a better team would have put 5 passed us.
    If Bird's head is somewhere else, it's switched on enough for him to hide from the ball. The amount of times last night he passed it to somebody outnumbered and then hid so it couldn't come back to him was painful.

I never said it was. Merely reporting what I've seen online. I missed most of the game as I was on a flight back from Fuerteventura and got home in time to catch the last 10 minutes. In fact, the whole essence of my post was to point out that we are up there among the highest scorers, conceded less and therefore have an excellent GD.
    Your holiday didn't chill you then? I was merely commenting that what's on social media doesn't necessarily reflect what most fans think.

Anyway we are doomed, sack the manager sell Bird and Sibley and get some decent players in!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    No tactical switch would've made a jot last night, we couldn't pass, cross, tackle, control the ball... a better team would have put 5 passed us.
    If Bird's head is somewhere else, it's switched on enough for him to hide from the ball. The amount of times last night he passed it to somebody outnumbered and then hid so it couldn't come back to him was painful.
    We were ****e to put it bluntly, only bright spark was Elder looked like the player he is supposed to be.

Your holiday didn't chill you then? I was merely commenting that what's on social media doesn't necessarily reflect what most fans think.

Anyway we are doomed, sack the manager sell Bird and Sibley and get some decent players in!!
    They both showed promise once, about 1830 I think it was! Mind you my head teacher wrote it on my report once, shows how wrong you can be!

you've been reading too much on "social" media

Started with a sore throat Monday, started coughing on Tuesday, full blown cold yesterday including a fever. Wrapped up warm, had a hot toddy, slept it off and the cough has all but disappeared, cold is much better, fever gone, just the sore throat left really.

In direct reply to my post, which you quoted... and do you think I don't know that?

Did you ever try to teach your granny to suck eggs?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)