+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lease

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    This is excellent business which relates to the location of Oakwell in easy walking distance to Barnsley Town Centre.

Which brings in the new town square and the new bridge.

A proper functioning town centre with the addition of all its cafes and bars is an important aspect of this.

Reading the announcement I think we are likely to see some big changes.

We are fortunate at Barnsley that the football ground is near the town centre.
    Obviously Neerav et al have recognised the business opportunities of this.

So pity the multitude of other clubs that don’t have this close proximity to a town.
    For example Sheffield Wednesday that’s located in a reyt dump.
    Elland Road int that far behind - another ground location in a sea of houses and offices.
    Are you aware Nudger that " Tramlines " one of the biggest events in the whole of South Yorkshire takes place in Hillsboro Park , it might have not have anything to do with the football club of that Parish but to make out that nothing happens there because it is a " reyt dump " is not exactly true Nudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    This is excellent business which relates to the location of Oakwell in easy walking distance to Barnsley Town Centre.

Which brings in the new town square and the new bridge.

A proper functioning town centre with the addition of all its cafes and bars is an important aspect of this.

Reading the announcement I think we are likely to see some big changes.

We are fortunate at Barnsley that the football ground is near the town centre.
    Obviously Neerav et al have recognised the business opportunities of this.

So pity the multitude of other clubs that don’t have this close proximity to a town.
    For example Sheffield Wednesday that’s located in a reyt dump.
    Elland Road int that far behind - another ground location in a sea of houses and offices.
    What business opportunities ?

Have you actually any idea what's just occurred ?

The club no longer own any part of Oakwell or the land surrounding it .

We've sold the bstrd not bought it ya spanner .

Is this the process by which the Cryne's have finally received what was owed to them when they sold the club to the consortium ?

I could be barking up the wrong tree here but it's just crossed my mind .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Is this the process by which the Cryne's have finally received what was owed to them when they sold the club to the consortium ?

Me too thinks that and maybe the next chapter is they sell their 20% stake in the football club?

The Crynes have still to receive £2.75 million of the purchase price for the club of £3.5 mill. Approx £3 million has been ring fenced in club accounts to cover this (includung interest) raised as part of the recent Share Issues.

Lee and Conway paid into these Shares. They need to have been involved in buying the club in order to now sell their part ownership.

It will be interesting to see how much they walk away with.

Ahmad's "Big News" is finally revealed. The Crynes have sold their 50% ownership of Oakwell and some surrounding land to Barnsley Council who now own it 100%, leasing it to Barnsley FC for at least the next 30 years.

When I read the club statement, I was firmly of the the same opinion as you Animal - yes this is how the Cryne's have finally received what's owed to them.

I can't link the press conference but Steve Houghton says the rental the council's earns will be reinvested back in to the stadium , presumably he means maintenance of the stadium .

He ruled out any development and says there's at least 10 years life left in the West Stand .

Quite rightly he's deduced that Barnsley Council taxpayers won't exactly be thrilled about paying for a new stand at Oakwell whilst there are a thousand more important things in the borough that need funding .

[QUOTE=animallittle3;40433507]I can't link the press conference but Steve Houghton says the rental the council's earns will be reinvested back in to the stadium , presumably he means maintenance of the stadium .

He ruled out any development and says there's at least 10 years life left in the West Stand .

Quite rightly he's deduced that Barnsley Council taxpayers won't exactly be thrilled about paying for a new stand at Oakwell whilst there are a thousand more important things in the borough that need funding .[/QUOTE

and says there's at least 10 years life left in the West Stand - Haha abart same as life left in me!!!

[QUOTE=Barnsley Chop;40433511]
    I can't link the press conference but Steve Houghton says the rental the council's earns will be reinvested back in to the stadium , presumably he means maintenance of the stadium .

Quite rightly he's deduced that Barnsley Council taxpayers won't exactly be thrilled about paying for a new stand at Oakwell whilst there are a thousand more important things in the borough that need funding .[/QUOTE

and says there's at least 10 years life left in the West Stand - Haha abart same as life left in me!!!
    That rules me out of seeing the development Chops.

Ahmad claimed the West Stand was unsafe when turfing long standing ST holders out of their seats.

Strange how things work out.

If I win over £100mill on the Lottery I will build a new West Stand. You read it here first.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast