+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lease

New Lease

I will be looking forward to tour take on this SB…. And wonder how secure the land behind the Ponte “previously used as a car park” but now half empty is….

Let's see how this actually works out in reality , first of all pop concerts in a residential area generally don't go together .

We'll see .

Well having looked at the thread on bbs , the council now own the ground and land 100% .

Previously it was a 50/50 agreement between Oakwell Holdings ( Crynes ) and Barnsley Council .

Interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well having looked at the thread on bbs , the council now own the ground and land 100% .

Previously it was a 50/50 agreement between Oakwell Holdings ( Crynes ) and Barnsley Council .

Interesting .
    Surely this is the big news that Khaled was talking about.
    If everyone is happy and it’s looking like they are - AND there’s talk about developing Oakwell then it’s not just big news - it’s a game changer.

Gob smacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Surely this is the big news that Khaled was talking about.
    If everyone is happy and it’s looking like they are - AND there’s talk about developing Oakwell then it’s not just big news - it’s a game changer.

Gob smacked.
    The club don't own the ground anymore , not so much as a blade of grass .

The council are the landlord calling all the shots , the club is now a tenant , 100% but protected by a 30 year lease .

Whose paying for the development ?

How will it be structured ?

The devil will be in the detail of course .

Has anyone found out how much the council paid for the 50% from the Crynes ?

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Has anyone found out how much the council paid for the 50% from the Crynes ?
    Will this not be shown in the 23/24 council accounts, although I havn"t a clue when these are made public but eventually surely figures will be made available to view .

The council I'd imagine will get back their investment in Oakwell through the club paying rent for the next 30 years .

£100k x 30 years = £3m , you'd probably wouldn't be a million miles away at that figure in my opinion .

This is excellent business which relates to the location of Oakwell in easy walking distance to Barnsley Town Centre.

Which brings in the new town square and the new bridge.

A proper functioning town centre with the addition of all its cafes and bars is an important aspect of this.

Reading the announcement I think we are likely to see some big changes.

We are fortunate at Barnsley that the football ground is near the town centre.
    Obviously Neerav et al have recognised the business opportunities of this.

So pity the multitude of other clubs that don’t have this close proximity to a town.
    For example Sheffield Wednesday that’s located in a reyt dump.
    Elland Road int that far behind - another ground location in a sea of houses and offices.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast