+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Dunfermline (h)

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's sh*te, but Mochrie isn't the player you think he is either. Six and two three's imo. The manager opted for Meekison instead anyway, and rightly so. He deserves a chance. Mochrie's had plenty.
    I'm afraid I now agree with you on Mochrie,despite his obvious potential
    Having watched him more recently I think he lacks one thing,something Fotheringham has in spades,desire

He's sh*te, but Mochrie isn't the player you think he is either. Six and two three's imo. The manager opted for Meekison instead anyway, and rightly so. He deserves a chance. Mochrie's had plenty.
    Not saying Mochrie is a world beater but to suggest that its a toss up with the 2 with the ball at their feet is a ridiculous take IMO

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    Not saying Mochrie is a world beater but to suggest that its a toss up with the 2 with the ball at their feet is a ridiculous take IMO
    Both are pish, is what I'm saying. You'd choose Mochrie in an advanced role and Tillson in a more defensive role. In that situation yesterday, Meekison was chosen ahead of Mochrie for the advanced role, not Tillson. Tillson was brought on to replace Docherty. You cannae just throw all your 'ball players' on the pitch and forget about defending. If anything, you should be moaning that Meekison was chosen ahead of Mochrie.

Goodwins refusal to go 4-4-2 is costing us at home regardless of who does/ doesn’t play , it’s hardly a surprise teams coming to Tannadice and defending deep , Stevie Wonder could have told him that , bringing on Moult and Greive but keeping the same shape is baffling , what’s that saying about the definition of madness ???

Agreed, no way was it a situation where we needed a tillson over a mochrie, just have to look at Dunfermline away to see the impact Mochrie had when he replaced tillson(who was like playing with a man less till that point) and mochrie was starting deeper but still getting up to join in attacks, then grabbed the winner

No way is tillson a better option than Mochrie, not even a debate who is better and Mochrie will get better overall

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agreed, no way was it a situation where we needed a tillson over a mochrie, just have to look at Dunfermline away to see the impact Mochrie had when he replaced tillson(who was like playing with a man less till that point) and mochrie was starting deeper but still getting up to join in attacks, then grabbed the winner

No way is tillson a better option than Mochrie, not even a debate who is better and Mochrie will get better overall
    That was kind of my point but the guy wasnt really listening and i couldnt be bother explaining it

That was kind of my point but the guy wasnt really listening and i couldnt be bother explaining it
    I was listening, I just don't get your love for Mochrie.

Said a couple of weeks ago we need an attack minded coach on board. Our lads seem devoid of ideas and we have no one qualified to coach them any different. Goodwin & Sharpe, both defenders. Bowman a defensive mid. It's little wonder our back six perform so much better than our front four.
    100% agree. I’ve also said it before :-)

We need an attack minded coach.

Ideally someone who also has some tactical ideas and is willing to challenge Goodwin

Don’t mind the assistant manager being a best mate but also need somewhere there to give fresh ideas

The thing is in the after match interview JG was saying the players weren't moving the ball quickly enough and too many square passes. So where is the problem is JG jsut bad at communicating what he wants or are the players just rotten?

Probably a bit of both. I've seen us try and up the tempo second half v Morton and queens park, and it just doesn't happen, moves often break down due to bad touches or momentum is lost because we end up going sideways/back because somewhere in a move someone's technique isn't good enough to have confidence or ability to pass quick forward.

But Goodwin has responsibility too with tactics. Should have been screaming for us to go more direct second half and hit moult more. He made changes, but all just like for like, didn't change actual shape or set up.

Then again you have attacking players opting to pass a ball on edge of box when presented with a chance to shoot.

We take about 2 mins to take an attacking throw, it's been same all season, opposition gets set in position, nobody moves, and we more often than not gift possession back. Surely that should be addressed in training.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)