+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lang

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Wait to see what happens with Lang. We don't reveal our interest now till we make a signing or more or less certain of that. Rumours about Kioso they were falce then others on here who reckon to be in the know, aren't!
    gru, you and I don't know what's gone off with Kioso. Has Richardson sat him down and turned him around to convince him to stay with us?

He may well still be going but been asked to play for us til the end of the season. Not sure what's left on his contract? If he's got another year then Posh will have to stump up the money it's as simple as that.

Rumours of JCH being Wrexham bound now seem false but that is where Posh were supposedly trying to raise the funds from to buy Kioso off us. Again, it's all ifs and buts so let's see how it all pans out. I've reduced my stable lads tip money for now as he seems to be feeding me fodder of late, pardon the pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It is difficult for all of our strikers because very little is created for them, we struggle to get the volume of crosses into the box, Bramall hits one good one every five at best. However Hugill is slow, when he lays the ball off he rarely gets into the box in time to be on the end of any cross if it does come in. Back to Lang, i know a lot on here say we have no chance and we won't spend any money, they could be right. The issue for me is the club haven't even put in an offer, yet we are told that the as a club we are working hard and doing everything possible, clearly not. If we wanted him then a key thing to do is call up Wigan and put in an offer for him, perhaps the phones have broken and the people at the club are doing everything they can to repair the phone lines.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...ansfer-4491199
    You need to read between the lines of what PD has written. The first point is that he has even written the story in the first place, he is very much a mouth piece for the club, I understand how hard it is for local journalists these days and he cannot afford to rock the boat as it is very much a dieing profession and he needs the club to feed him stories otherwise he is out of a job. So he does not go near anything that is in the least bit confrontational. So back to the point, he has written the story so we are interested, the second point is that the Wigan spokesperson says they have had conversations with clubs but only received one verbal offer. My take is that we have had a discussion and know what Wigan want but we maybe are active behind the scenes with the players agent to see if we can match the terms that Llang is looking for. Agreeing a fee is these days one of the last things that gets done. In addition there may be other reasons why we have not formally moved yet. e.g.we may need to move 1 or 2 players out.

So the point is that to accuse the club of not working hard to bring players in as they have not made a formal offer to Wigan is naive to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post
    You need to read between the lines of what PD has written. The first point is that he has even written the story in the first place, he is very much a mouth piece for the club, I understand how hard it is for local journalists these days and he cannot afford to rock the boat as it is very much a dieing profession and he needs the club to feed him stories otherwise he is out of a job. So he does not go near anything that is in the least bit confrontational. So back to the point, he has written the story so we are interested, the second point is that the Wigan spokesperson says they have had conversations with clubs but only received one verbal offer. My take is that we have had a discussion and know what Wigan want but we maybe are active behind the scenes with the players agent to see if we can match the terms that Llang is looking for. Agreeing a fee is these days one of the last things that gets done. In addition there may be other reasons why we have not formally moved yet. e.g.we may need to move 1 or 2 players out.

So the point is that to accuse the club of not working hard to bring players in as they have not made a formal offer to Wigan is naive to say the least.
    Interesting last sentence considering everything you have said before is pure speculation on your part.
    The reality is that no-one knows what is happening and there is a natural frustration amongst supporters because we have a similar scenario in most transfer windows.

Quote Originally Posted by HensonsPRman View Post

I was being facetious because i am fed up with minor stories coming out and no signings, because you can wrap it all up in nice dressing with a little ribbon bow all you want it is 25th january our head coach wanted 5 in and all we have is 3 out and calling back a player that according to some on here doesn't want to play for us. This is after we had a 20+ minute interview with our chairman talking about his desire to succeed etc. I think even if we understand the difficulties of this window, the lack of actually positive outcomes for this hard work is enough to make a lot of people frustrated.

What's problem! We work within the FPL rules. Do you want us to be like clubs who've fell foul of them! Sent players back who weren't ours wouldn't have been paying their full wages so 2 players that's gone back will be equivalent of wages of an actual signing. Majority of our fans will understand that.

It is difficult for all of our strikers because very little is created for them, we struggle to get the volume of crosses into the box, Bramall hits one good one every five at best. However Hugill is slow, when he lays the ball off he rarely gets into the box in time to be on the end of any cross if it does come in. Back to Lang, i know a lot on here say we have no chance and we won't spend any money, they could be right. The issue for me is the club haven't even put in an offer, yet we are told that the as a club we are working hard and doing everything possible, clearly not. If we wanted him then a key thing to do is call up Wigan and put in an offer for him, perhaps the phones have broken and the people at the club are doing everything they can to repair the phone lines.

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...ansfer-4491199
    Agree with this.

I actually think we are far more dangerous when we go narrow. Not necessarily route one, but narrow.

Doing this has a few advantages. First, it doesn't matter too how much space you give the opposition out wide if you have flooded your own box and the central midfield. IF said players as switched ON to cut out crosses and drilled balls into he mix.

It then allows us to use the pace of the weaker crossers we have. It also limits strikers drifting out wide. Very few players weve had have been good at this. Take Smudge. He would often go wide and cross into whoever was in the box. In reality this was always a mistake and the season he played central for us, he bags silly goals.

I also believe that we've got enough bite in our midfield to disrupt teams and we generally tend to do that at NYS. Narrow pitch helps there too.

What's problem! We work within the FPL rules. Do you want us to be like clubs who've fell foul of them! Sent players back who weren't ours wouldn't have been paying their full wages so 2 players that's gone back will be equivalent of wages of an actual signing. Majority of our fans will understand that.
    Nobody has said anything about breaking FPL rules so stop putting words into peoples mouths. I love how people on here think they know what the structure of deals we do are, or what wages people are on, Gru you have no idea what the deal was with Freddie and Dexter or what a new player coming in will be. Of course we understand that the club is trying to manage the finances, and good for them on many posts I have praised the club time and time again for the fact we are seen as financially stable, that is not the point here. I would have thought LR would have preferred to have any new recuits in with time to work with them and take advantage of the weekend off before the match on the 3rd February, doing so is to the benefit of the player, the squad and therefore the club. I would be surprised if many people think this squad is good enough and deep enough to give us a chance in the next few months, the lack of successful outcome is a concern, and it isn't giving us much of a chance.

Nobody has said anything about breaking FPL rules so stop putting words into peoples mouths. I love how people on here think they know what the structure of deals we do are, or what wages people are on, Gru you have no idea what the deal was with Freddie and Dexter or what a new player coming in will be. Of course we understand that the club is trying to manage the finances, and good for them on many posts I have praised the club time and time again for the fact we are seen as financially stable, that is not the point here. I would have thought LR would have preferred to have any new recuits in with time to work with them and take advantage of the weekend off before the match on the 3rd February, doing so is to the benefit of the player, the squad and therefore the club. I would be surprised if many people think this squad is good enough and deep enough to give us a chance in the next few months, the lack of successful outcome is a concern, and it isn't giving us much of a chance.

We know squad isn't good enough
    not got enough depth. No one knows on here financial side of deals but think we can work out there would have been a wage share definitely with Fred at least. I'd like players like Lang in but that's up to recruitment. I'd be disappointed if there wasn't at least a couple of players in who could add to the squad by the end of this transfer window. We haven't got enough games left to bring players in who need bringing up to speed.

We know squad isn't good enough
    not got enough depth. No one knows on here financial side of deals but think we can work out there would have been a wage share definitely with Fred at least. I'd like players like Lang in but that's up to recruitment. I'd be disappointed if there wasn't at least a couple of players in who could add to the squad by the end of this transfer window. We haven't got enough games left to bring players in who need bringing up to speed.
    How can the level of English and writing fluctuate so much between posts?
    Very interesting indeed!!
    It’s almost like you are 2 different personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    How can the level of English and writing fluctuate so much between posts?
    Very interesting indeed!!
    It’s almost like you are 2 different personalities.
    You're not the first one to notice that BOTN.
    Perhaps Yoda is on the wrong shift.....😉

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast