+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction League - West Bromwich Albion (FA Cup)

I thought Albion played the better football over the course of 90 minutes but pur quality at ***** moments was the difference. I also thought Jed Wallace was the best player on the pitch. I was really hoping we'd gat Maistone for big George Elokobi. Another tough draw ahead against Brighton.

We were bad. They were better overall but bottom line is we were poor yet still beat them. Agreed, it's about quality when needed.

Just watched it back, Tommy Doyle was the best player on the pitch in my opinion, he was everywhere and was really up for it.

After all the hype and build up , it was a damp squib ( my opinion ).the first half was the most boring 45 minutes of footie I have watched this season.players happy to walk the ball.agree that sandwell looked better in some areas anyroad.we progress to the next round..as for sandwell, the championship suits them

Plater, have you been on the Bud again? Jed Wallace the player we let go, the player that wasn't good enough, the player that wouldn't get near our first team, the best player on the pitch? I know it's all about opinions, but the best player on the pitch? He may have been the best player in the West Brom side but yesterday both Kilman and Doyle were head and shoulders above him.

It was a poor game and we didn't really need to get out of first gear. Yes they had the ball bouncing about in the box a few times, but apart from that very little goal threat. Our two goals were typical Wolves breakaway smash and grab. Both well taken with Doherty providing the pass for the first and Kilman for the second.

We wasted little energy, which was a plus ,with Man United to play later this week, so the lads should be well up for that and we can use third gear. We appeared to have escaped serious injury, despite two agricultural challenges. In the Premier League the elbow on Cunha may well have resulted in a straight red.

What a pity that the headlines were made by the trouble. If you are going to sit with the opposition, don't make it known. Prior to the main trouble, bottles had been thrown at Doyle as he attempted to take a corner. Much of the footage shows West Brom "fans" fighting with Police and the Police winning. I suspect there will be massive repercussions for both clubs, but West Brom should shoulder the majority of the blame. It is not all the West Brom supporters but a crazy minority, most are reasonable people who only want the best for their club.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Plater, have you been on the Bud again? Jed Wallace the player we let go, the player that wasn't good enough, the player that wouldn't get near our first team, the best player on the pitch? I know it's all about opinions, but the best player on the pitch? He may have been the best player in the West Brom side but yesterday both Kilman and Doyle were head and shoulders above him.

It was a poor game and we didn't really need to get out of first gear. Yes they had the ball bouncing about in the box a few times, but apart from that very little goal threat. Our two goals were typical Wolves breakaway smash and grab. Both well taken with Doherty providing the pass for the first and Kilman for the second.

We wasted little energy, which was a plus ,with Man United to play later this week, so the lads should be well up for that and we can use third gear. We appeared to have escaped serious injury, despite two agricultural challenges. In the Premier League the elbow on Cunha may well have resulted in a straight red.

What a pity that the headlines were made by the trouble. If you are going to sit with the opposition, don't make it known. Prior to the main trouble, bottles had been thrown at Doyle as he attempted to take a corner. Much of the footage shows West Brom "fans" fighting with Police and the Police winning. I suspect there will be massive repercussions for both clubs, but West Brom should shoulder the majority of the blame. It is not all the West Brom supporters but a crazy minority, most are reasonable people who only want the best for their club.
    I agree Abbo, Kilman and Doyle were the best players on the pitch. I like to think that ball that sent Cunha through for the second was intended, Neves would’ve been proud of that. As team performances go that was under par as INWT says… we’ll need to have better standards on Thursday night.

The challenge on Cunha a forearm to the face was premeditated and cynical… he would’ve walked with VAR. He could’ve just held him that would’ve been just as effective?

Sandwell will likely take most of the rap because their fans kicked off… The three or four Wolves fans in the Albion end were the trigger though, if they’d shown a bit of respect and kept quiet nothing would’ve happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)