+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📺Training session on youtube & official site

📺Training session on youtube & official site

Last edited by SwalePie; 25-01-2024 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Embedded video & added video icon to title

Looks like a happy ship
    Long may it continue

Great stuff. Nice to se the impetus on intensity is still key. Working on defensive shape as well. Looking forward to Saturday!

Which one is the manager?! I hope it’s clear amongst them all who is number one, they were shouting over each other an awful lot. I don’t know why but something isn’t sitting right with me, hopefully Saturday will soothe my worries.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Which one is the manager?! I hope it’s clear amongst them all who is number one, they were shouting over each other an awful lot. I don’t know why but something isn’t sitting right with me, hopefully Saturday will soothe my worries.
    We dont have have a manager, just an Head Coach. But it did look as though the assistant coach was the one calling the shots...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We dont have have a manager, just an Head Coach. But it did look as though the assistant coach was the one calling the shots...
    I think he said something along those lines on his first interview (?) his assistant takes the training and he sets the game play. Very much a two man operation and ideas are bounced off each other. As long as it works eh?

Well we all know who he is so not sure why the players wouldn’t.
    It’s completely normal for different coaches to lead on different areas. SM constantly uses the term management team for a reason.
    As long as the management are all pulling in the same direction, it doesn’t matter who is shouting the loudest.

Maynard picks the team so he is the main man so to speak.

It’s worth remembering one of the best ever managers Alex Ferguson never took training sessions at Man Utd he left that to his number two and what he was great at was knowing when it needed to freshen up.

This isn’t Alan Hardy picking the main man we have done our homework on them but of course you need to be both good and lucky !

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I think he said something along those lines on his first interview (?) his assistant takes the training and he sets the game play. Very much a two man operation and ideas are bounced off each other. As long as it works eh?
    Exactly, it’s quite normal having the assistant doing the training and the manager observing. He does seem a strong character and that’s a good thing, tbf they probably compliment each other quite well.

They were recruited as an existing team and know how each other operates.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast