+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JOB Top man

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I am in Hayward Heath, which is the most caring compassionate place you could ever ever want to stay in.Highly recommended. Thanks again for all the messages. Roll
    on Saturday You Pies
    Is that Hayward House at City Hospital '59?

I'm sure we've been through this before but does '59 refer to the year you started going down to the Lane? If so it probably coincides with my first attendances. More the 59/60 season, I don't think I went down in the previous relegation season.

What memories do you have of those days? I used to be in the Kop, just right of centre and below cross-bar height. Initially my Dad always took me but as I was travelling to school daily from Hucknall to West Bridgford it wasn't long before I was going alone as he worked shifts and didn't always want to, or couldn't, come down. All my friends were Reds so I had no company. Nothing has since changed

Best wishes to you. See if JOB & Co can give you a big smile tomorrow night.

The 59 refers to my birthday year, and I started off on the kop too, from where I witnessed Ian Scanlons 2 and a half minute hat trick, and bought his Leeds cup winning kit, Green and yellow.
    It would be a massive boost for the Pies to get another three points on the board tomorrow.
    It is indeed the Hayward House at the City Hospital, a star in the NHS armoury indeed.

The 59 refers to my birthday year, and I started off on the kop too, from where I witnessed Ian Scanlons 2 and a half minute hat trick, and bought his Leeds cup winning kit, Green and yellow.
    It would be a massive boost for the Pies to get another three points on the board tomorrow.
    It is indeed the Hayward House at the City Hospital, a star in the NHS armoury indeed.
    Wedgie would have had a field day with that Scanlon result. Unfortunately I was living abroad for most of Sirrel's better seasons.

Ian Scanlon was a true Magpie legend, incredibly skillful with talent I am sure he never realised how much skill he was blessed with.

One of my daughters who is a nurse worked at Hayward House as part of her training. She described it as an uplifting and heartbreaking experience in equal measures. I know 'get well soon' wishes are unlikely to come true given where you are, but at least you are in the care of some incredibly devoted people. Like me you've got some great memories of Notts and hopefully you will manage a few more.

Sincere best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Just read this, fantastic from Jim and also really pleased it was a much needed boost 59, sending you all the best as usual mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    One of my daughters who is a nurse worked at Hayward House as part of her training. She described it as an uplifting and heartbreaking experience in equal measures. I know 'get well soon' wishes are unlikely to come true given where you are, but at least you are in the care of some incredibly devoted people. Like me you've got some great memories of Notts and hopefully you will manage a few more.

Sincere best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Very well said EP and your sentiments are echoed.

Cheers EP I can thoroughly understand the feelings of your daughter and if medals were given out for just nursing Hayward House, would be the first place. Here's to another three points tomorrow.
    Thanks Colin Clark

Everybody else has said it but I agree, fantastic stuff from Jim O'Brien. He's one of those we need to keep at the club even after he's finished playing, like we did with Ian Richardson.

A great and deserved boost for you, Magpies1959. Keep battling and keep positive, just like JOB on the pitch!

It made me bloody cry lol. Smiffy Pie and embarrassed to have a club legend send his love haha
    Bloody cry as much as you want. Good for JOB, making you do that! Love from applepie2.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast