+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jettisoning wages.

If there's one thing I have reasonable confidence in, it's that none of this will be without financial sense, perhaps at the expense of football sense.

On the surface it seems bizarre to extend Benson & Zaroury's contracts in the summer, then buy so many competing wingers and have them on the fringes. But it must have secured higher resale value for them or something.

I am reading from here in Spain Roberts looks likely to be sold with several suitors engaged in a bidding war. Benson is off to Southampton on loan with an option to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I did not sleep well last night the brain would not switch off.
    Questions pinging around the old brain.
    Are we skint?
    Can we field a full bench?
    How many more wages are being jettisoned this month?
    Are the pies going up in price?
    Does anyone really know what they are doing at Burnley Football Club?
    Answers on a postcard please.
    hay un banco por aqui? is always a very handy phrase if stuck for the readies when in Spain BT but I always thought we could buy Brazilian striker Jettison (there must be one with that name somewhere surely) and then we could dump him over the side of HMS Burnley whenever the going got really rough. As long as our money does not run out before the pies do we should be fine but then am I a reliable enough judge to sit on any bench?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Benson is off to Southampton on loan with an option to buy.
    Not what I'm hearing mon ami, when Southampton were told the option to buy was £15 million they decided to sign David Brooks from Bournemouth instead, he's booked in for a medical tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    hay un banco por aqui? is always a very handy phrase if stuck for the readies when in Spain BT but I always thought we could buy Brazilian striker Jettison (there must be one with that name somewhere surely) and then we could dump him over the side of HMS Burnley whenever the going got really rough. As long as our money does not run out before the pies do we should be fine but then am I a reliable enough judge to sit on any bench?
    Deme una mamada is another useful phrase as well Outwood. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not what I'm hearing mon ami, when Southampton were told the option to buy was £15 million they decided to sign David Brooks from Bournemouth instead, he's booked in for a medical tomorrow.
    Like you say mon ami Feck em.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)