+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammies Match Thread

In fairness Smith ran Connor ragged in the first match this season. I'm not such he would have made the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    In fairness Smith ran Connor ragged in the first match this season. I'm not such he would have made the difference.
    Fair comment.

The problem is that Luke was switched from his midfield holding role, because of Connor's move.

If we still had Connor, we could have played Mickey D, Connor and Billo in a back 3/5.

Easy with hindsight innit ...

Also think that Salford's half-time subs may have played a part. Their second goal came at a really good time in the game for them ...

.. and a bit of a sickener for us

Just didn't understand why the leagues smallest centre half was given the job of marking the leagues tallest centre forward who also happens to be the best in the air. It was always going to be a disaster.
    By the time it was changed and Conor Thomas was moved to follow Smith, it was too late.
    Strange and unusual lack of planning from the backroom staff

Looking at the highlights, it was embarrasing to see how easy it was for him to score three goals as hardly anyone was good enough to stop him and its also embarrassing to see our GK stuck on his line while the striker who was just 3 yards out was able to head the ball without effort. I'm sorry but we have done well so far but a long long way from promotion based on that game. I'm hoping I'm wrong as even Mansfield can't win a game now.

Thing is how on earth can Salford afford players like that CF on the small gate they get. We should always try and have a tall CF and tall CH as that is where the games are won and lost. Maybe we could sign him for the rest of the season with the money we have just got with OR? Its wasted on the academy as that is where all the money goes.

Ermmmm, let me think. I wonder how Salford can afford an expensive player?? Answers on a postcard to G.Neville.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Ermmmm, let me think. I wonder how Salford can afford an expensive player?? Answers on a postcard to G.Neville.
    With cc's to Phil N, Beckham, Butt, Scholes and Ryan Giggs - who was at the game yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

Thing is how on earth can Salford afford players like that CF on the small gate they get. We should always try and have a tall CF and tall CH as that is where the games are won and lost. Maybe we could sign him for the rest of the season with the money we have just got with OR? Its wasted on the academy as that is where all the money goes.
    If you don't know how Salford can pay the wages they do maybe it is time to give up. Also, I don't imagine we can afford our wages based on gate receipts. And at the risk of being repetitive, the Academy has created players such as O'Riordan who we have now made a sizable sum of money on. He is just one of several currently saving us money and ultimately making money. Sorry Mike, but this is irrefutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    If you don't know how Salford can pay the wages they do maybe it is time to give up. Also, I don't imagine we can afford our wages based on gate receipts. And at the risk of being repetitive, the Academy has created players such as O'Riordan who we have now made a sizable sum of money on. He is just one of several currently saving us money and ultimately making money. Sorry Mike, but this is irrefutable.
    I don't know anything about any football clubs finances. I don't know what wages we pay here or any other club. We don't even know how much our academy costs. Why is it all top secret? Why is the transfer fee 'undisclosed' for OR?

My own opinion is that 90 odd percent of clubs in the lower divisions don't have a Cat2 academy and some no FA academy at all. Why is that if ours is supposed to be so good? They all have some good players which costs money. If we just had a Cat3 academy or Cat4, maybe w could afford to buy some decent players, like they do? I knew Salford was set up by some of the names mentioned but they are subsidising some or all of the club's players are they? People don't give us their money that easy imo and so what's going on?

Our defence on those headers last Sat was appalling and just my view take it or leave it. What do we need a GK coach for when all they do is stay on the line. In the old days nobody got the ball only the keeper from that sort of distance...Maybe our GK coach can look at some old videos of HOW GK's played.....
    Last edited by MikeSB; 28-01-2024 at 10:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12