+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammies Match Thread

Ammies Match Thread

First game without Connor ...
    Big question is can we take the gloss off Matt Smith ...

Going for a 3-2 win
    FGS Nev
    Crowd 6789

That crowd estimate is far too high

I hope history does not repeat itself as when players leave here it seems to upset the rest of the squad and they start losing games as they are still here on a pretty low wage compared with clubs these players go to and so its understandable. I'm surprised OR going so soon as he was sent out on loan just a few months ago and didn't have that many first team games but if a good offer comes in then good luck to the club who desperately needs the money and of course the player. I suspect the fee we got will include games played and when they say its an undisclosed fee. That is just appalling to read as it has to be published at some stage in the club accounts. Who are they trying to kid?????

CO'R was virtually ever present when he was on loan at Raith. He left with that club wanting to extend. He hit the ground running on his return and apart from his sure-footed defending he scored 6 goals in the last 12 months. Unfortunately he's gone due to a release clause set at a ridiculously low level considering his potential. Fortunately he appears to be the last to have such a clause in their contract.
    Yes, I agree that he has moved on very early in his career but his talent was recognised outside the club very early on.
    (I seem to remember a well-known CF, was it for Sheffield Wednesday (?) saying, after playing against him, that he'd go far.)

....anyway, back to the thread. I do agree that frogpoles attendance prediction is a little optimistic, especially as the Ammies only average 3,000+ at their home games.
    However, I believe we should be pushing 5,000 based on recent games. I'm a bit wary of predicting a win as it seems to be tempting providence, especially with arseface as their new manager. But I'm going to stick my neck out with a 2-1 win.
    But Bell still won't win manager of the month!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    ....anyway, back to the thread. I do agree that frogpoles attendance prediction is a little optimistic, especially as the Ammies only average 3,000+ at their home games.
    However, I believe we should be pushing 5,000 based on recent games. I'm a bit wary of predicting a win as it seems to be tempting providence, especially with arseface as their new manager. But I'm going to stick my neck out with a 2-1 win.
    But Bell still won't win manager of the month!!
    Who will win it?

We will have 4 wins on the trot via two away wins against the top teams etc..

I think LB will win it if we win tomorrow...So you think someone will have 5 wins in Jan? Sorry but who?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    However, I believe we should be pushing 5,000 based on recent games.
    Ah, but at least it prompted a few more replies !!

Well you mentioned about the possible danger of Smith and clearly it did not register with our players. Very disappointing to come back from being down only to lose.

As I mentioned on another thread regarding another centre half coming in, does anybody still think that we still don't need one?

I wasn't there today but I suspect crosses coming in from the wings (or deeper) were not dealt with. When Zac gets back he should play in a 3 at the back (+wingbacks) against teams like this.
    We played against Smith on his way up a number of times. This season is the first he's caused us problems.

Think we would have won this game with Connor ....

The reason we didn't win was the formation (as reported on the OS) - Crewe (3-2-3-1) !!!

Crowd 4,938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast