+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Other than McInnes is there any other manager this century for us that hasn't just disappeared into oblivion? TSMSTID being worse than oblivion of course!
    Things latterly went a bit stale under DM but he’d still do much better than his successors - would he come back I wonder!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Things latterly went a bit stale under DM but he’d still do much better than his successors - would he come back I wonder!?
    A bit stale? Verging on rancid. Plenty examples of managers going back – my preference for the next manager, and has been for the last few appointments, would be Dan Petrescu who has had three spells at CFR Cluj.

McInnes would have had the team hold on to the 1-0 lead against St Johnstone on Wednesday but I would still rather watch our first half performance against Hearts today than 45 mins of McInnes’s game management.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    To be fair I remember being on here in the McInnes years and argued with a lot of people who said we could easily get a better manager in than Derek McInnes.

Hasn’t really worked out like that with Glass Goodwin and now Robson has it?

He’s never going to come back and work under that clown Cormack so it’s pointless even discussing it.

How about Alex Neil?

Is he a “proper manager “ or is he still not good enough for some?

Offer Ayr United a a hunner quid, two tickets tae Daniel O'Donnell an' a family sized box o' Smarties, and we can get Scott Brown for a year or two on work experience afore he f*cks off back tae Smelltic

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    How about Alex Neil?

Is he a “proper manager “ or is he still not good enough for some?
    A good indicator to tell would be if they accepted the Aberdeen job. No proper manager would work under the current set up

The next manager should be someone who hasn’t been sacked from recent jobs in the last few seasons. We need someone who has a bit go about them and is tactically and technically better than the rest of the managers in the league. Someone who has won things as a manager….and preferably not someone who is familiar to our game in Scotland (as there isn’t a decent manager between them all).
    Ricardo Rodriguez or someone of that ilk. Someone who can genuinely get the team thinking differently and playing differently. It will cost money though and that is where the question about Dave Cormack’s real ambition comes into doubt.

What about Lee Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The next manager should be someone who hasn’t been sacked from recent jobs in the last few seasons. We need someone who has a bit go about them and is tactically and technically better than the rest of the managers in the league. Someone who has won things as a manager….and preferably not someone who is familiar to our game in Scotland (as there isn’t a decent manager between them all).
    Ricardo Rodriguez or someone of that ilk. Someone who can genuinely get the team thinking differently and playing differently. It will cost money though and that is where the question about Dave Cormack’s real ambition comes into doubt.
    Unfortunately, I would say it’s highly unlikely any manager with a half decent reputation would be remotely interested in coming to us.

The standard of manager we could attract just now would be someone who has had the sack more times than someone called Sacky McSackalot who works in a sack factory on the production line making sacks but keeps messing up and ending up with a pile of sacks on him and then gets sacked, moves to another sack factory…..and so on and so on.

How about Per Mertesacker?

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    How about Per Mertesacker?
    Possibly, has he been sacked a lot?

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast