+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    The Scottish S*n say that we are linked to IF Elfsborg manager Jimmy Thelin.

(I got this info fae the BBC Gossip page, I wouldn't go anywhere near that rag.)

We've had mixed results with managers called Jimmy, or Jim.
    I don’t think it’s the time to bring in a foreign coach who doesn’t know how Scottish football works.

The time for that was when we got rid of McInnes but we went for the chairman’s pal who had zero managerial experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t think it’s the time to bring in a foreign coach who doesn’t know how Scottish football works.

The time for that was when we got rid of McInnes but DAVE went for HIS pal who had zero managerial experience.
    Fixed that for you Rico

Probably few were taken in by the pitch Warnock made when he was sacked (or maybe so disgusted, he quit, also believable) that things were well advanced for the next manager to be appointed. What has happened since shows the club was completely unprepared. Even the official; statement that ‘we have identified candidates and will seek permission to speak to them’ is *******s. If things were ‘advanced’ surely that stage would have been passed weeks ago, Now, any name from left field being considered, Fotheringham and Thelin, suggests that this will be another rushed panic appointment on the whim of the chairman. It’s bad enough the club is in chaos, worse that they treat us as fools.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The only guy even halfway there to being classed as a leader and with the character and credentials to turn this sh1t show circus around is Neil Lennon it's pretty much staring everybody in the face, that's everybody apart from our fkd up pr1ck of an ego driven chairman and his FMB puppets
    The one thing I’ll say for Lennon is he is a winner & I did like his attitude at Hibs where he absolutely never backed down against or tugged the forelock to the arse cheeks.

We need a bit of that.

But that said, he’s a borderline functioning alcoholic with mental health issues & he’s done fück all anywhere he hasn’t had a massive budget advantage over everyone else.

He might keep us up, but I guarantee it wouldn’t end well and would be another car crash mid/long term - look how his time finished at Hibs.

Warnock walked, don’t need Mainstandmoan to confirm that. Reflects badly on the club but also on Warnock as a man.

Another poor & badly judged appointment basically - becoming a bit of a running theme isn’t it…

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The one thing I’ll say for Lennon is he is a winner & I did like his attitude at Hibs where he absolutely never backed down against or tugged the forelock to the arse cheeks.

We need a bit of that.

But that said, he’s a borderline functioning alcoholic with mental health issues & he’s done fück all anywhere he hasn’t had a massive budget advantage over everyone else.

He might keep us up, but I guarantee it wouldn’t end well and would be another car crash mid/long term - look how his time finished at Hibs.

Warnock walked, don’t need Mainstandmoan to confirm that. Reflects badly on the club but also on Warnock as a man.

Another poor & badly judged appointment basically - becoming a bit of a running theme isn’t it…
    Ach I dinna ken Moog.
    Ok I started throwing Lennon's name out there when we binned McInnes, but me being me I was just seeing if I could get a bite or two and I certainly got that
    But as time goes on and we are where we are, I dont know if I have typed his name enough to end up convincing myself he is the right man to turn this around or maybe he just actually might be the answer.
    Let's put it like this and in my humble opinion I dont think any of the other names that have been mentioned are capable of doing anything of any significance to change the current sh1t show. But Lennon can and I honestly think we should offer him the gig.

We need Lennon’s attitude & will to win - but without the baggage.

Surely to fück there are people like that out there…

I don’t WANT Lennon as our manager but right now, real time situation, he might just be what we NEED to get us out this mess that Cormack and his FMB have landed us in. The issue is he probably wouldn’t take the gig unless it was a decent contract. If we could get him in until the end of the season while still trying to get someone else it might just be the way to go.

What a predicament to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post

What a predicament to be in.
    Aye bovril pal, that right there says it all really.

Fit a red-up

Lennon was one of the managers linked with us pre Warnock that I said I would be happy with.

The reason for that was more because I thought Lennon wouldn’t have put up with any of Cormack and Gunns meddling but after the Warnock fiasco the chances are he wouldn’t last very long either.

Having said that Lennon is probably our best chance of staying up so maybe try to bring him in till the end of the season and get someone new in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Lennon was one of the managers linked with us pre Warnock that I said I would be happy with.

The reason for that was more because I thought Lennon wouldn’t have put up with any of Cormack and Gunns meddling but after the Warnock fiasco the chances are he wouldn’t last very long either.

Having said that Lennon is probably our best chance of staying up so maybe try to bring him in till the end of the season and get someone new in the summer.
    Sadly I don't think it would be as easy as people think to get Lennon in to save us and then punt him. There's no way that he would come in on a couple month contract and do the hard work to save us from relegation to just walk away.

If and it's a massive IF we did go for Lennon I would wager that there would be a clause in the contract that if he were in fact to guide us to safety then he would get a rolling 12 month contract, if not a 2-3 year deal.

That then puts forward the ultimate predicament, would you accept Lennon in to hopefully save us but know he would be our permanent manager moving forward or take a punt on someone else to keep us in the Premiership?

Personally I think it would be a Goodwinesque move to appoint him, the "safe" option that the media would love and the vast majority of supporters wouldn't. We've got this German geezer doing his stuff and I'd rather base an appointment on what comes from that than Lennon ever being associated with our club, there's desperation and then there's desperation if Lennon got the gig.

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast