+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Fotheringham has so much to prove before he is considered for a SPL job. We need someone with experience as our record with going with inexperienced managers has been dreadful. Glass and Robson as examples. Not too sure about Robinson as it is very similar to the Goodwin appointment.
    A few Scandinavian candidates that seem to have good pedigree but I am not sure they would come.
    Rodriguez always had my attention and would love for that still to happen but he is currently in a job.
    Interesting couple of weeks ahead, just hope I am not disappointed at the end of it.

Robinson now would be a better prospect than Goodwin was when we got him from St Mirren. I’m not saying he’s the right appointment though but I do think the next manager has to be an experienced one and will have to have had experience in our league. We’ve messed about trying to be too clever for a few years now and it’s got us close to a relegation playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Just no!!! No more rookie managers we need someone with experience next time. He may well end up being a good manager but let him go prove that somewhere else
    Yeah, his 'pedigree' for want of a better word is mainly as an assistant manager, which he appears to have had some success with.

He'd be a decent shout for Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee etc but it's been pretty much proven that the Aberdeen job is too demanding for a rookie.

The Fotheringham link just won't go away. It's amazing when the hun media have an agenda they keep pushing it.

For that alone we should avoid at all costs.

I'm sure if Kenny Miller (who I wouldn't want near our club) wasn't pushing for him we wouldn't have heard of the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Yeah, his 'pedigree' for want of a better word is mainly as an assistant manager, which he appears to have had some success with.

He'd be a decent shout for Motherwell, St Mirren, Dundee etc but it's been pretty much proven that the Aberdeen job is too demanding for a rookie.
    If there was a Craig Brown type at the club for a rookie manager to gain knowledge from, then I wouldn't have an issue with going down that route again. The structure throughout the club has to be good though before we consider that route again.
    We also need a manager strong enough to push back on any pressure on the day to day running of team affairs, which may come down from those up top.

I see no harm in the club speaking to Fotheringham - he's got an interesting background and he's been involved at a pretty high level with some big names. Nothing to lose seeing what he's got to say for himself.

I really don't want someone from the usual tedious SPFL managerial roundabout - so that includes Robinson.

Someone with a track record of success achieving more than the sum of the parts they have to work with (that could be Robinson based on this season tbf ), a track record of bringing through youth and signing, developing and improving players to sell on for a profit, who's got a bit of personality and doesn't automatically defer and start tugging the forelock to those weegie arseholes is my ideal candidate.

Not much to ask surely

I'd go foreign if that's the guy, no issue with that in theory, just need to make sure they have suitable support within the club from people who know the game here and can provide that background and knowledge so we don't recruit another bunch of absolute wet wipes who can't handle the game up here...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 13-03-2024 at 11:49 AM.

I always used to like and value what mainstandmoan posted on here until he got chased off this forum. Here is what he has just posted on the Hat

You'd think that given the situation AFC are in, Chairman Dave would be in the country beavering about, interviewing etc.

Oh no. As eluded too, Chairman Dave is in fact on holiday in the Cayman Islands, as he 'needed some sun'

It needs to be out there. Neil Warnock walked away last week down to Chairman Dave and the circus he has created. The club issued a 'cover our arses' statement claiming they are well down the road with a new appointment. Absolute nonsense.

And now software Dave is off on his holidays. Throwing his puppets under the bus to find him a new manager toy.

We now have the situation where the common puppet thought is Neil Lennon is the only man to get AFC out the mess, no one else looks like they want it, unless its Derek wages. St Mirren want £50K just for AFC to interview Robinson, with a further £350K should he take it. Michael O'Neil seems to have his phone on silent, whilst the untested, desperate for a chance, Fotheringham is on his knees for an opportunity. Burrows and Garner now sh1tting themselves having to acknowledge Lennon may be the man, after spouting to their corporate mates that 'Lennon is not, or ever has been in contention'. I have seen it and heard it myself in the 50 club recently.

In a crisis like this, we need leaders. We don't have anyone, he's on holiday from his vanity praaaawject.

I always used to like and value what mainstandmoan posted on here until he got chased off this forum. Here is what he has just posted on the Hat

You'd think that given the situation AFC are in, Chairman Dave would be in the country beavering about, interviewing etc.

Oh no. As eluded too, Chairman Dave is in fact on holiday in the Cayman Islands, as he 'needed some sun'

It needs to be out there. Neil Warnock walked away last week down to Chairman Dave and the circus he has created. The club issued a 'cover our arses' statement claiming they are well down the road with a new appointment. Absolute nonsense.

And now software Dave is off on his holidays. Throwing his puppets under the bus to find him a new manager toy.

We now have the situation where the common puppet thought is Neil Lennon is the only man to get AFC out the mess, no one else looks like they want it, unless its Derek wages. St Mirren want £50K just for AFC to interview Robinson, with a further £350K should he take it. Michael O'Neil seems to have his phone on silent, whilst the untested, desperate for a chance, Fotheringham is on his knees for an opportunity. Burrows and Garner now sh1tting themselves having to acknowledge Lennon may be the man, after spouting to their corporate mates that 'Lennon is not, or ever has been in contention'. I have seen it and heard it myself in the 50 club recently.

In a crisis like this, we need leaders. We don't have anyone, he's on holiday from his vanity praaaawject.
    If we had the correct structure in place, we wouldn't need Dave's input on picking a manager.

I honestly think he has grown bored of the running of the club

The only guy even halfway there to being classed as a leader and with the character and credentials to turn this sh1t show circus around is Neil Lennon it's pretty much staring everybody in the face, that's everybody apart from our fkd up pr1ck of an ego driven chairman and his FMB puppets

The Scottish S*n say that we are linked to IF Elfsborg manager Jimmy Thelin.

(I got this info fae the BBC Gossip page, I wouldn't go anywhere near that rag.)

We've had mixed results with managers called Jimmy, or Jim.

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast