+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It probably is going to be O'Neil, they just have to get the Scotland game out of the way first.

Or else they've got nobody.
    What’s your thoughts if it is O’Neill that gets appointed?

Is there a high chance you will want him gone by Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    What’s your thoughts if it is O’Neill that gets appointed?

Is there a high chance you will want him gone by Christmas?
    We could do a lot worse, popcorn teeth for example. But it's a bit early to think about firing someone who might not even get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    We could do a lot worse, popcorn teeth for example. But it's a bit early to think about firing someone who might not even get the job.
    Fair enough but it looks like O’Neill is going to be appointed in some role.

Could be the manager but a lot of people now saying a technical director or whatever role was suggested by that German evaluators.

I'm not overly familiar with football set ups and the like, but in theory, would you not need a technical director in place before picking a manager?

Just thinking of the scenario you get the manager first then appointment a technical director, who then doesn't rate the manager.

That is me assuming a TD would look after the actual football side of things.

F*cked if I ken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm not overly familiar with football set ups and the like, but in theory, would you not need a technical director in place before picking a manager?

Just thinking of the scenario you get the manager first then appointment a technical director, who then doesn't rate the manager.

That is me assuming a TD would look after the actual football side of things.

F*cked if I ken.
    I doubt Dave Cormack kens.

If the rumours are true that Dave Cormack has been wanting Steve Clarke to be our manager for a while then he would be as well prolonging the appointment for a bit longer because Clarkes not going to last much longer as the Scotland manager.

Club said they were going to be making the next gaffer appointment during the international break.
    So look on he bright side of things we now only have two more days to wait and finally all the speculation will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Club said they were going to be making the next gaffer appointment during the international break.
    So look on he bright side of things we now only have two more days to wait and finally all the speculation will be over.
    Yes we all know how this is going to go don't we, complete inaction from the FMB and then another update statement on Thursday morning confirming huuuuuuuuuge progress has been made but that Leven will remain in charge for the six-pointer against Ross (followed by a similar statement a week later confirming he is also in charge against Livi, but that, cross my heart hope to die, we are really really really pinkie promise closing in on a new manager.

We really are the definition of complete and utter useless ineptitude

Then we'll get the news that Leven will be given the job until the end of the season, but we really, definitely, cross my heart and hope to die will get a new manager in the summer.

Then Leven will be handed a three-year deal and be fired next year as we struggle to get out of the Championship.

Great appointing Craig Levein.

Will make aberdeen even more boring to watch and one to avoid in any coupon.

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast