+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

From the beeb:

Neil Warnock one of three candidates in the frame to be appointed interim Aberdeen manager until the end of the season.

Warnock, 75, was most recently at Huddersfield Town and has had spells at Crystal Palace, Queen's Park Rangers, Leeds United and Middlesbrough.

Aberdeen are hopeful of making an appointment next week, but Neil Lennon, Jack Ross and Alex Neil - linked with the job long term - are not contenders for the interim role.

Personally I’m not a fan of appointing an interim manager because it’s just kicking the can down the road unless Cormack is extremely confident of appointing someone really good in the summer.

If we appoint an interim coach until the end of the season and then appoint Alex Neil or Neil Lennon then it’s another nail in Cormacks coffin.

Willie Miller is right about the whole consultancy thing being a joke,why would you need to hire people to review the entire football structure?

Hopefully they tell Cormack he needs to bin Steven Gunn.

Warnock until end of season then we appoint one of these foreign coaches that are highly rated and ten a penny and would love to come to us.
    Jobs a good Ane !

Speaking personally, I don't want than h*n toilet Warnock anywhere near our club.

I just hope that Cormack doesn't appoint the caretaker after today's result and Tuesday's win at Ibrox.

According to Auntie Beeb, Warnock is expected to be unveiled as the interim manager imminently.

Warnock is coming in until the end of the season….that I can understand as it gives the incompetent board at our club much more time to prepare another gamble for the future ahead through their next choice. I believe we as a club don’t need a DOF (we are far too small a club for 1/2 the positions and employment than people already undertake) and hopefully this lot who are supposedly looking into all football affairs at our club recognise that.
    Absolutely no need for Gunn in his role, no need for Burrows, absolutely no need for having Stewart Milne having an input whatsoever at our club but we do have a need for the Chairman to step up and really deliver for Aberdeen FC. He has made a financial difference to our club but has made some terrible football decisions along the way which ultimately needs to stop happening.
    If we change our academy and team set up it will have to be aligned by what a top quality manager (who we must employ) has in mind. No point restructuring the club and then employing another Glass/Goodwin/Robson type manager.

I don’t think the likes of Knutsen, Hutter etc would have been interested in coming to Aberdeen. Ricardo Rodriguez supposedly was…he has a football vision and an idea of what should happen and certainly would have been a breath of fresh air compared to the stuffy previous appointments.
    Let’s hope Warnock enjoys his Scottish managerial gig but in reality we have to appoint a new manager for next season who will bring success to the whole club.

So Warnock it is then for the remainder of the season.

I've not much issues with it and don't think his hun support is anything to worry about.

Might change my mind if we get done at Ibrox this week.

It will be entertaining off the field if not so much on it.

I get that many managers have huge egos, but my biggest concern is that Warnock is just seeking headlines and publicity. Thought the same with the boy Wilder, who I thought was using us so he wasn’t forgotten man down in England.
    While Warnock has plenty of experience does he have the tactical nous, and understanding of the Scottish game?
    Will give him the benefit of the doubt but hopefully he will come in and get the best out of the players- and not make things worse

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    I get that many managers have huge egos, but my biggest concern is that Warnock is just seeking headlines and publicity. Thought the same with the boy Wilder, who I thought was using us so he wasn’t forgotten man down in England.
    While Warnock has plenty of experience does he have the tactical nous, and understanding of the Scottish game?
    Will give him the benefit of the doubt but hopefully he will come in and get the best out of the players- and not make things worse
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast