+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Mainstandmoan saying on the hat that 5/6 candidates have knocked us back,would make sense considering we were told the club was looking to appoint a new manager in the international break.Time is ticking on that target.

Hopefully that’s not the case and the club is going to finally bring in a proper manager but the way things have been under Cormack I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Mainstandmoan saying on the hat that 5/6 candidates have knocked us back,would make sense considering we were told the club was looking to appoint a new manager in the international break.Time is ticking on that target.

Hopefully that’s not the case and the club is going to finally bring in a proper manager but the way things have been under Cormack I have my doubts.
    Made a rod for their backs when saying an appointment was at an advanced stage.

I'm more concerned about his (MSM) comments about how the club is run.

From the outside looking in you do get the feeling it is the case and you can pick up on that in interviews at any workplace that operates with that kind of structure and they are usually best avoided.

You also imagine the managers network working against us too in our search. Possibly even more so since Warnock left and is letting slip, privately at least, what is really going on at the club.

I just hope the players and Leven can just lift themselves up for the next few games and buy us some more time in our manager search.

Fae the BBC Gossip page:

Zeljko Sopic, whose Rijeka side lead Croatia's top flight, has poured scorn on suggestions he could be in the mix for the vacant Aberdeen job, with the 49-year-old saying: "It's constantly raining there and that's not good for my hairstyle at all."

What a card he is, shame he won't be our manager...

According to Francis Gay in the Sunday Post:

"Aberdeen should reveal the identity of their new manager within the next 72 hours having whittled their hunt down to a three-man shortlist that contains one UK-based candidate and two from abroad."

72 hours would be into Wednesday with the Scotland v Northern Ireland game being played on the Tuesday.

Are the media trying to drop hints with the Michael O’Neill interview as well.

Looks like nobody wants the job so we'll probably end up with another numpty.

So the UK-based manager is probably Lennon, lord knows who the other foreigners are.

Quote Originally Posted by swaddon2 View Post
    So the UK-based manager is probably Lennon, lord knows who the other foreigners are.
    I’m not sure if the uk based manager is Lennon. He’s out of work so he would have been appointed by now.

A lot of people are saying one of the foreign managers is Uwe Rosler. I remember him being a manager 10 years ago at Brentford and Wigan but didn’t realise he was still a manager at some Danish club.

Aye, Rosler is manager at AGF. He joined them in 2022 on a three-year deal, so the AFC would have to stump up some cash to get him.

I was thinking that "abroad" includes North America, so there's probably some boy from the MLS reserve league or the USL Championship on his way over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Looks like nobody wants the job so we'll probably end up with another numpty.
    I would imagine with the money Cormack spends on wages with his choice of manager i certainly wouldn’t be expecting much. I don’t want a current coach in our league set up and I don’t want a boring manager who plays turgid football trying to scrape a win. If we want to be better we need to splash the cash.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast