+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I see Lennon is heavily linked with us again.

If he were to take it he could very well get off to a good start.

But when it goes bad and it it will at some point, it will get toxic very quickly.

Last thing we need is a manager who would split the fan base.
    Have said it since we got rid of McInnes.
    Lennon should have been approached and appointed then, but no no, the plastic yank wanted to give it to his close friend as apparently he was the stand out candidate (my @arse)
    Anyway I would like to see Lennon get the gig, but I really dont think he will take it now. Sure he would not be over impressed with being our fourth choice since binning McInnes when in reality he should have been first.

I’m firmly in the no camp regarding Lennon. He might very well get a tune out of our current squad just now but I don’t think he would handle it being at a club where there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians at board level.

As mentioned numerous times on here, the only time he has won anything was when he had a HUGE financial advantage over the rest of the league at Celtic. He did ok at Hibs for a season but soon fell out with everyone and I think that would happen with us.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I’m firmly in the no camp regarding Lennon. He might very well get a tune out of our current squad just now but I don’t think he would handle it being at a club where there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians at board level.

As mentioned numerous times on here, the only time he has won anything was when he had a HUGE financial advantage over the rest of the league at Celtic. He did ok at Hibs for a season but soon fell out with everyone and I think that would happen with us.
    Fair doos min, and in reality it is hard to disagree with any of that.
    Outside of the @rse cheeks we probably the largest budget of the rest.
    I know there has been banter on here about him coming in or not coming in. I just still believe he should have bene approached instead of Glass.
    He has what it takes to get a far better tune out of this squad than sadly Robson was able to. Yes there will be questions about his ability to cope with the too many chiefs and not enough Indians scenario, but I think it's a gamble worth taking.
    Out of the names being branded about and readily available without any comp having to be offered up, I would have taken Lennon before Glass and I would be happy if we approached him now, I just think he might stick the middle finger up to us for the reasons I mentioned in my last post.

Anyway pal, onwards and upwards to better times ahead for us all.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 02-02-2024 at 08:10 AM.

Neil Warnock knocked us back

Source?

Name:  manager.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  93.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Name:  manager.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  93.3 KB
    I reckon you can see the "flare" of season tickets being burnt from space

He's an utter basket-case

Nheil Lhennon is an ahlky mhink. End of.

You've hit your head and I suggest seeking medical assistance if you think he's anywhere near the level required to manage AFC.

The media and especially the BBC are pushing some sort of deluded Lennon propoganda with the idea that Aberdeen fans actually want him to get the job and it's starting to worry me a little bit.

If he does end up at Pittodrie and in charge of the mighty dons, I dare say I wont be the only one not returning until he's left.

It seems to me that the Scottish media are the ones hoping for Lennon to get a job back managing in the SPFL, they know 100% that it will be car crash TV no matter where he ends up and ultimately that is what they are pushing for.

They know fine well that most sane supporters of respective clubs wouldn't want Lennon anywhere near their club but the media keep pushing whether it's Hibs, Ross County, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc.

He has shown zero ability when he didn't have, by far, the biggest budget in the league and when it really came down to it i.e getting 10 in a row then he bottled it.

Please god no to Lennon, there might be an initial upturn in our results but everyone just knows that he is a toxic individual that brings chaos wherever he goes.

Just imagine how the media would be the next time we played Sevco if he was our manager, it doesn't bear contemplating it really doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s going to happen whoever gets the job.It always does.
    True, but he personally would become toxic...not just the overall atmosphere. Mind you, maybe we could do with a manager that loses his **** with the players occasionally as our recent appointments all seem to have been (at least publicly) a bit too gentle with the team.

Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast