+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loyden1

What memory!! Took no prisoners did Chopper. Big part of a famous back six. Send him all the best from Alex fans. He was highly thought of here at Gresty Road.

Hes slightly better tday ,tellin me alex will beat tranmere on saturday🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Loyden1 View Post
    Good news !!

Thanks for the update ...

Hope he's right lol

Hi gang,been to see mick again tday ,hes slightly better talkin a bit more ,he was very pleased to have a couple of cards off you guys.he was askin how the alex where doin ,i told him you lookin good for playoffs and possible promotion,he was telling me about a game at gresty rd in the 60s v luton that was at the time of soccer bribes it was1.1 he thinks

Hi gang,been to see mick again tday ,hes slightly better talkin a bit more ,he was very pleased to have a couple of cards off you guys.he was askin how the alex where doin ,i told him you lookin good for playoffs and possible promotion,he was telling me about a game at gresty rd in the 60s v luton that was at the time of soccer bribes it was1.1 he thinks
    The game that sticks in my mind was in 1968 - last game of the season. Luton were already champions (Div 4), and we needed to win to secure promotion.

"Crewe clinch promotion, and a £300 per man bonus, in a display of all-out attacking football. Rioch threatens to spoil the party with a left-footed hammer drive for the equaliser, but the game belongs to the home side and their supporters who chair their team off the pitch at the end."

Attendance: 8634

Asked him about it ,he said they where told luton where supposed to take it easy that day and at 1.1 "we where doin everything to try and score but they where making it hard ,but a fantastic day celebrating late into the nite " i think come may you be doing the same👍

That would make sense - Luton had beaten the Alex 4-0 at Kenilworth Road a few weeks earlier.

Incidentally it was Bruce Rich who scored for Luton, he beat Willie Mailey from about 35 yards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12