+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congratulations to Maidstone

Tennis is an easy one, its surely on a par with goal line technology, it's on or out, there are no opinions involved. Ultimately with football there are still opinions on a situation in a lot of cases.

Personally I'd keep goal line technology as that's instant and dump VAR. Keep the game moving with refs and linos doing their job! Teams then, on the swings and roundabouts principle, accept the odd iffy decision.

I tend towards agreeing Mac, sooner the odd mistake than the trauma caused by VAR. They do tend to even out over time. But in an ideal world I'd allow the manager 2 challenge flags per game, but use limited to reviewing questionable goals or penalties only.

Yep I'm in agreement too.

Always difficult to put the genie back in the bottle. I hate the interminable wait that VAR sometimes brings but that has to be balanced against getting the correct decision...and I fear it’s not just the ‘odd mistake’, GP, although I do think there may be some merit in your ‘2 challenge flags’ system which I’d also extend to cards where cheating players repeatedly make me sympathise with referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    But it wasn't being used, so the results a goodun. Enough with the Grinch ....
    Eeyore says that! Though quite how he can predict the outcome of a non existent VAR system based on what he sees on the TV and the opinions of TV pundits is a bit of a puzzle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)