+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Thought Barrow came with a plan not to play but to cause disruption and it worked.

They put 2 banks of 5 across whenever we had the ball abd no amount of passing along the halfway line or half turns was going to break-through. At times we needed a ball over the top or a wing/midfield through ball to keep the defence guessing or hesitant to push up.
    Shurrup yer dont know what yer talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Baldwin - 7 - Got forward well and defended well. No complaints.

Baldwin - 8 - Thought we was class today and got a fantastic block in.
    I thought Baldwin had a good game, but I make that a rating of 15!

The problem today was that we had too many 5.5 or 6 performances. We needed that extra spark that earned an 8 or more, but I didn't see it. To be fair we did play a side above us in the table so shouldn't be too downbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Thought I'd have a go at kicking this off. A little bit uninspiring today and lacked the vision, quality and nous to open up Barrow.

Stone -7 Didn't actually do much wrong today and stopped a goal scoring chance.
    Brindley - 5.5 Started well but tapered off and never shows enough attacking intent.
    Baldwin 7- Pick of the defenders and no silly mistakes.Marshalled the defence well.
    Cameron. 6 - Ok , but nothing special, no captain in my opinion as doesn't really really the team or inspire.
    Nemane - 7.0 - Much better game today and yet another goal. Beat his man a few times too.
    Jones - 8 Far and away best player in pitch. Beat his man every time , was hacked down cynically and they had to double up on him. Yet another assist.
    Crowley - 6.5 Showed some neat touches but not really upto his usual attacking prowess.
    Robertson. - 6.5 A much better performance. Battled well but just didn't do enough going forward. Did try to create space though.
    Bostock - 5.5 Awful first half and gave away the goal. Lots of missed passes or cheap easy passes. Better second half in breaking up play.
    Didzy - 5 Very poor today, just nothing came off for him. Lots of poor passing, miscommunication and offered little threat upfront.
    Langstaff - 6 Pretty anonymous most of game but in fairness had little service. Missed his one opportunity, which he should have brought down then shot.
    Subs - only 1 and really didn't make any difference to team.
    Manager - 6 should have showed more courage and put in the new lad. Should have made more subs to change the game. However much more tight and organised at the back. Hopefully now sees what we lack.
    Agree with most of that but Brindley didn't start well their first two chances were down to him, he left Nemane who is no defender on his own one on one with a tricky winger. He improved the second half though.

Mostly agree with the player ratings, but I thought it was a decent debut from Maynard. We were way too open in the first half, but he made the little changes to shape needed to get us pretty much total control of the second half.

Thought he was a bit let down by our lack of options after that. The last 20/25 mins was screaming for a couple of changes to come on and add something different, but look at the bench and there was just nothing. None of our attacking players were quite fully at it today - even Jones, pick of the bunch, wasted quite a few dangerous positions.

Do think he needs to think about some difficult decisions about the line up. We all know Macca, Didzy, Crowley, Nemane and Jones are all excellent footballers and having great seasons, but can they really all start at the same time in every game? It’s causing us two problems at the minute of making us very open and susceptible to the counter, and also meaning we have absolutely nothing in the bench to change a game because literally every good attacking player we have is starting every week.

Agree with the Cameron isn’t captain material. Thought he was his usual self today. Complaining all the time for no reason, waiting for a player to go within 5 yards of him then dramatically falling to the floor, and when not given, spending more time protesting rather than getting back into position.
    Really hope Macari comes back quick. Him, Warner and Baldwin at the back seems on paper the best option.

Cameron and Baldwin were excellent today. He’s up there as one of our most important players, particularly with the ball.

Our first home draw of the season, which was probably the right result as they created quite a few chances when we gave the ball away in bad places in the first half.

But my goodness, what a horrible team Barrow and their management were. The foul on Jodi from their No.18 was one of the worst I've seen in a long time. I can understand why the ref gave a yellow, but it was worthy of a red because it was so cynical.

We had a few too many key players not quite on it today - McGoldrick, Crowley and Macca. Bit worried by John Bostock’s form this season - not doing enough either offensively or defensively. Too often takes the safe option and goes backwards rather than trying to make things happen. We’ve got to move the ball more quickly, especially when we have 80% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good ratings. I think Brindley did OK today, so perhaps a 6 (that doesn't mean he's the answer to that position)
    And Robo and Bos equal IMO, both a 6? Agree on Didzy.
    As for the subs, we just didn't have a game-changing bench. I think SM made the only sub I wanted him to make.
    Brinds just isn’t good enough for a top 10 league 2 team sooner people realise that the better how many headers did he win? 0

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Thought I'd have a go at kicking this off. A little bit uninspiring today and lacked the vision, quality and nous to open up Barrow.

Stone -7 Didn't actually do much wrong today and stopped a goal scoring chance.
    Brindley - 5.5 Started well but tapered off and never shows enough attacking intent.
    Baldwin 7- Pick of the defenders and no silly mistakes.Marshalled the defence well.
    Cameron. 6 - Ok , but nothing special, no captain in my opinion as doesn't really really the team or inspire.
    Nemane - 7.0 - Much better game today and yet another goal. Beat his man a few times too.
    Jones - 8 Far and away best player in pitch. Beat his man every time , was hacked down cynically and they had to double up on him. Yet another assist.
    Crowley - 6.5 Showed some neat touches but not really upto his usual attacking prowess.
    Robertson. - 6.5 A much better performance. Battled well but just didn't do enough going forward. Did try to create space though.
    Bostock - 5.5 Awful first half and gave away the goal. Lots of missed passes or cheap easy passes. Better second half in breaking up play.
    Didzy - 5 Very poor today, just nothing came off for him. Lots of poor passing, miscommunication and offered little threat upfront.
    Langstaff - 6 Pretty anonymous most of game but in fairness had little service. Missed his one opportunity, which he should have brought down then shot.
    Subs - only 1 and really didn't make any difference to team.
    Manager - 6 should have showed more courage and put in the new lad. Should have made more subs to change the game. However much more tight and organised at the back. Hopefully now sees what we lack.
    So Macca had time to bring the ball down then shoot 😆
    Diz and Bostock less than a 7, you really should leave the crack pipe on the shelf until after posting your snippets of wisdom
    Last edited by maddogslater; 28-01-2024 at 12:08 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast