+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Law 12:
    "SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Sweeping the legs away from a running player with no intent (or possibility) of getting the ball must endanger the player, but not according to that ref.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Law 12:
    "SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

Sweeping the legs away from a running player with no intent (or possibility) of getting the ball must endanger the player, but not according to that ref.
    I’m still saying it was right on the line for me. The fact our manager who must have a proper grasp of the rules and reality of the game and Stallard who often sees things with a sensible eye said the same probably demonstrates like any of these challenges that it’s down to personal opinion, I respect people who think it was 100% red, just I’m not 100% it was.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910