+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There was first half as Bostock and Robertson were tripping over themselves but agree it looked slight disjointed the other way second half. I think SMs just trying to find a way of screening the back 3 and he’s right to do so. We are just missing Palmer really badly now, I think 100% he’s the only player we really can’t do without, he’s that good.
    I think Bostock needs Palmer playing alongside him to bring out his best.

Not sure what happened to McGoldrick yesterday. He seemed to me to have been given a free-roaming role, rather like the one played by Macca recently. But both seemed off it yesterday. I would push McGoldrick up a bit and drop Macca back.

We have a great attack ..... but seemed quite toothless yesterday.

Crowley, Nemane, Jones, Macca, McGoldrick, Scott .... the best attacking line-up I think for many years. Would love to add Morias too ... I haven't written him off but needs to show what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Quite right, my apologies to you.
    Still can't for the life of me see how Macca could bring that cross down and shoot.
    I'll agree on that one, having watched the highlights , it did come in rather quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    I'll agree on that one, having watched the highlights , it did come in rather quickly.
    And he was stretching.

I’d love to see a map of where our goals have been created from this season, because I’m assuming the vast majority have come from the flanks and been scored in the six-yard box. That’s great, of course, but it perhaps shows how we’re missing Reuben’s creativity in the centre of the park and those little passes he’d slide through to an on-running striker like Macca. We’re also missing Scott’s ability to score at the near post with those shots from around the edge of the box.

We really need to take more shots when we have the ball centrally near the opposition penalty area, though. One shot on target from 80% possession is a very poor return. I also thought our free kicks in decent positions were pretty woeful yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I’d love to see a map of where our goals have been created from this season, because I’m assuming the vast majority have come from the flanks and been scored in the six-yard box. That’s great, of course, but it perhaps shows how we’re missing Reuben’s creativity in the centre of the park and those little passes he’d slide through to an on-running striker like Macca. We’re also missing Scott’s ability to score at the near post with those shots from around the edge of the box.

We really need to take more shots when we have the ball centrally near the opposition penalty area, though. One shot on target from 80% possession is a very poor return. I also thought our free kicks in decent positions were pretty woeful yesterday
    has this not been the case since IB took charge ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    has this not been the case since IB took charge ?
    My point is that we’ve lost a few other ways of scoring goals this season, so now it’s almost always the “six-yard” goals - the away game at Grimsby being one example.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    My point is that we’ve lost a few other ways of scoring goals this season, so now it’s almost always the “six-yard” goals - the away game at Grimsby being one example.
    Well lets hope that Jones doesn't get injured, because without him we wouldnt create any scoring opportunities...

I would like to see Baldwin on the right, Warner in the middle & Cameron on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Well lets hope that Jones doesn't get injured, because without him we wouldnt create any scoring opportunities...
    Crowley creates a few

Quote Originally Posted by Could'vebeenacontender View Post
    Crowley creates a few
    He's gone off the boil though. Thought Bostock looked fed up and Didzy looked knackered. Think the middle of the pitch is a bit tired of going side to side with very little end result.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast