+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuart Interview

Stuart Interview

I know it's early days but I think he comes across really well. Intelligent, very switched on, no bull****, confident, warm personality, insightful... Also second half our defence actually looked alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    I know it's early days but I think he comes across really well. Intelligent, very switched on, no bull****, confident, warm personality, insightful... Also second half our defence actually looked alright.
    Interviews fine but barrows attack was pretty one dimensional / none existent in the second half as they were very very happy with a point. Baldwin was very good but I can't see what Brindley brings to the team and I still think Cameron is out of his depth and should not be captain. Sooner have Baldwin Langstaff or Didzy captain with the current squad but I suppose it is hard to change these things.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Interviews fine but barrows attack was pretty one dimensional / none existent in the second half as they were very very happy with a point. Baldwin was very good but I can't see what Brindley brings to the team and I still think Cameron is out of his depth and should not be captain. Sooner have Baldwin Langstaff or Didzy captain with the current squad but I suppose it is hard to change these things.
    Agreed, Barrow sat deep and just wanted to hold on for a point so defense had very little do 2nd half. Also a agree we need a better Captian. Cameron has never been Captain material. Feels like habit that he's captain rather than his ability to captain. Decent defender, nice bloke but a leader he isn't.

Stuarts interview was good, sounds like he has a good reading of the game. Look forward to the squad taking onboard more of their info.

Only Mansfield and Stockport have conceded fewer goals than Barrow, so I think you have to give them some credit for defending well and not crumbling like some other teams. They're a good, well coached team, simple as that.

I agree about Stuart's interview. Once again the owners have selected a guy who is clearly calm, intelligent and a very strategic thinker about the game. You can't draw any in-depth conclusions about a Head Coach based on one game, but all the signs are that he will continue to deliver attractive, free-flowing passing football to entertain the astonishing numbers of home fans we're now getting on a regular basis. Word has clearly got round that Notts County are a good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Only Mansfield and Stockport have conceded fewer goals than Barrow, so I think you have to give them some credit for defending well and not crumbling like some other teams. They're a good, well coached team, simple as that.

I agree about Stuart's interview. Once again the owners have selected a guy who is clearly calm, intelligent and a very strategic thinker about the game. You can't draw any in-depth conclusions about a Head Coach based on one game, but all the signs are that he will continue to deliver attractive, free-flowing passing football to entertain the astonishing numbers of home fans we're now getting on a regular basis. Word has clearly got round that Notts County are a good watch.
    Was pretty surprised they brought Stockton off thought he was dangerous whenever on the ball

He said it twice. Respect the point. Alarm bells ringing?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    He said it twice. Respect the point. Alarm bells ringing?
    That one definitely made me shudder.

Yeah me too

Ha ha when he said it I thought oh no he's going to get it on NCM!

I don’t know what it is but I can’t stand listening to him. Never mind respecting the point *shudder* (which is probably true at Wealdstone)….something just grates me about him, I don’t believe in him I think. I know it’s petty but the way he says “look….” before every sentence makes him unlistenable. Sorry Stuart, you seem like a good bloke, but I’ll be reading your interviews from now on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast