+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Cricket is a brilliant game

O/T:- Cricket is a brilliant game

What a fantastic win by England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 in India 🇮🇳
    - amazing result
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-01-2024 at 12:23 PM.

I thought you were going to say Windies in Australia. I agree though.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    I thought you were going to say Windies in Australia. I agree though.
    That was also a great win by the WI in Australia.

Cricket is indeed a brilliant game and two outstanding victories , as mentioned above.
    Most team games are brilliant for building fitness
    friendships and wellbeing,
    including Rugby and even Lawn Bowls.
    I draw the line , a little ,at basketball and certainly Major League Baseball 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    What a fantastic win by England �������������� in India ����
    - amazing result
    Great result in a very difficult place to play.

I always have confidence that our bowlers will do their job. It's the performance with the bat that often lets us down, but not this time.

A stunning victory by England in the First Test in India. Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Trailing by 190 after the first innings, and at 165-5 in the second, this Test appeared to be going in only one direction. A tremendous knock by Ollie Pope of 196, ably supported by 7, 8 & 9, Foakes, Ahmed, and Hartley, meant India were set a target of 241 to win. The home team were still favourites until debutant Tom Hartley took 7-62 in what I believe was only his 21st first-class match.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    A stunning victory by England in the First Test in India. Talk about snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Trailing by 190 after the first innings, and at 165-5 in the second, this Test appeared to be going in only one direction. A tremendous knock by Ollie Pope of 196, ably supported by 7, 8 & 9, Foakes, Ahmed, and Hartley, meant India were set a target of 241 to win. The home team were still favourites until debutant Tom Hartley took 7-62 in what I believe was only his 21st first-class match.
    An amazing win, when England were reduced to 165/5 in the second innings the odds on them winning must have been 100/1 or more.

Having a winning chance of 1% and taking it shows what an incredible victory this was.

Not sure which result I am happier with. I love to see Australia lose at Cricket as the team is so very arrogant. A little humility for them now.

And on the Australia Day long weekend holiday as well ha ha ha.

Both terrific games and results.

Test cricket is still alive and kicking.

It must rank alongside the 2 Ashes wins at Headingley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast