+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Charlton v Derby

Matchday Thread: Charlton v Derby

Posting early as I'm away from my comp for a while

3-1 Derby

Too early AF...I’ll wait and see if and how we’ve strengthened over the remaining three days of the window. All I’ll add is...if we don’t we won’t, imo, make the top two.

Because obviously the previous results have been gained with the current squad and if we don't spend millions (which we wont and cant as is clear) then there is no way the club can continue to get the results required.

Don't you just love fans who whilst being aware of the clubs financial situation still demand transfers???

Anyway, I'll have fun reminding rA or Eeyore as I've named him, of this rash statement come May when we are all celebrating automatic promotion!!!

You can name me whatever you like, Swale...probably reminds you of one of the toys you chucked out of your pram a couple of nights ago.
    It seems you’ve pi**ed MA off enough for him to quit the forum...a great pity imo and I very much hope he returns.
    You won’t do the same with me, but neither should you expect any further response, simply not worth it.

I hope MA hasn't deserted us, a most respected and excellent poster who's match reports are of the highest order. Don't give up on us MA...... please!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I hope MA hasn't deserted us, a most respected and excellent poster who's match reports are of the highest order. Don't give up on us MA...... please!!
    Agreeing with Mac

For me it's not just what signings, it's also how fast we can get some of our injured players back. Fozzy first example is a big miss to me, and waghorn and Washington have both contributed early on and at very least provide competition and back up for Collins. Korey Smith was involved a lot too.

Plus getting nyambe back will be huge.

Plus, make sure we don't sell any key players too.

It would be nice to get at least one more key signing in but more important, for me, to get players back and provide greater options in selection and off the bench.

I hope MA hasn't left too.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

Anyway, I'll have fun reminding rA or Eeyore as I've named him
    Sooner be an Eeyore than a Pooh

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    For me it's not just what signings, it's also how fast we can get some of our injured players back. Fozzy first example is a big miss to me, and waghorn and Washington have both contributed early on and at very least provide competition and back up for Collins. Korey Smith was involved a lot too.

Plus getting nyambe back will be huge.

Plus, make sure we don't sell any key players too.

It would be nice to get at least one more key signing in but more important, for me, to get players back and provide greater options in selection and off the bench.

I hope MA hasn't left too.
    All good points. The returns of Nyambe, Fozzy and Smith will be hugely beneficial. Not sure Washington will be fit before late March and Waghorn is a bit of a mystery...keep hearing hints of a return but he seems to keep suffering ‘setbacks’. Thank goodness for Collins (#1 in the list of things I might not have expected to say back in September) but he’s done well and we’d have been lost without him.

C’mon MA...there’s at least four regulars here all missing your input and wanting you back.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You can name me whatever you like, Swale...probably reminds you of one of the toys you chucked out of your pram a couple of nights ago.
    It seems you’ve pi**ed MA off enough for him to quit the forum...a great pity imo and I very much hope he returns.
    You won’t do the same with me, but neither should you expect any further response, simply not worth it.
    Pathetic, if that is the case. If MA is that sensitive, he is probably having a lie down whilst the tablets take effect! I'll remind you it was MA who gave me a sarcastic response to a post of mine that neither criticised, attacked him or in anyway insulted him, HE was the one that took umbrage and posted two sharp replies. If he didn't like my response to his digs, perhaps he shouldn't have been so quick to have a dig at me, but hey ho if one can't take it, don't dish it out. But don't blame me for responding to an attack on me that was unwarranted. However he does post more sense than you do!

As for you, well your clearly thick... skinned and as you seem to deny when your inaccurate and misleading statements get called out, just continue in "Trumpian" mode claiming you either said something totally different to what you posted or ignoring the points made. So I'm not expecting any change in your stance and not getting a response from you will be a bonus, at least the whinging *******s will stop.

But in any case, you now have the facts as reported in the DET, Derby aren't able financially to purchase a player and stay within the agreed business plan, as has been consistently pointed out to you for months, so whatever you and other entitled fans may think the club has to manage within its current financial parameters, which it is doing - something you seem to ignore when clamouring ofr more transfers in.
    Last edited by swaledale; 30-01-2024 at 01:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)