+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pub on Saturday

Pub on Saturday

Hello all,
    I just want to let you know about our pub that will be welcoming Notts fans next Saturday. We're Notts fans ourselves and we run the Travellers Rest on Huthwaite Road in Sutton in Ashfield. We're around 10 minutes away from junction 28 of M1 and we have a decent size car park that can easily fit a coach or two in. There's a bus stop directly outside, where you can get the bus straight into the bus station at Mansfield (takes around 15-20 minutes).

We've got Sky Sports & TNT Sport, a pool table and dart board, plenty of lagers, ciders & spirits as well as a well kept Wainwright pale ale. We have a good selection of alcohol free options for the designated drivers too.
    We've also got a decent size food menu, do cracking pizzas (even if I say so myself ) and when hosting football fans, we put on a mini 'football menu' with burgers/chips/sausage rolls etc.

We'll be open from 11. If you are bringing a bus/large numbers then please give us a shout beforehand so we can staff accordingly (we're going to the match ourselves). www.travellersrestsutton.com

Hopefully see some of you there

Hi Yoop, sounds great and I’ll see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Hi Yoop, sounds great and I’ll see you there.
    Notts Police have posted on Twitter answering a fans question

Travellers Rest - Sutton
    John Cockle
    William VI
    Bold Forester
    The White Swan - Pleasley

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post

Travellers Rest - Sutton
    John Cockle
    William VI
    Bold Forester
    I wouldn't go in the Cockle even on a non match day.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post

Travellers Rest - Sutton
    John Cockle
    William VI
    Bold Forester
    Yes, we're one of the pubs recommended by the Police for away fans. We had a coach load of Crewe fans here a few weeks ago and that was a great day. I'm sure I read that the William IV is run by close family of a Notts fan too, so that's a good option nearer the ground.
    We're really looking forward to the day (not so much the match though ). Hope to see some of you.
    Cheers
    David & Elaine.