+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Perimeter Advertising

I was in row P of the Pavis Stand and didn’t notice it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    What does everyone think about the new digital advertising along the front of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand.
    This is very new to me and accept that my view may change with time but here are some of my first thoughts.
    I sit in the Pavis usually, fairly low down about 10 or 12 rows up.
    Very, very bright. Felt it was straight in my face.
    Image constantly changing. Sometimes on and off. Sometimes scrolling left or right.
    Display height seems rather big.

I found it most distracting being straight at me and often couldn't properly tell what was happening on the far side.
    The Notts kit seemed much harder to distinguish although the Barrow strip stood out a bit better.
    I often found myself being distracted from the action.
    Half way through the second half the display was dimmed a little - whether that was automatic because of the fading light or manually I don't know. This was a little better - much less of an assault on the senses.
    So:-
    What was it like for those higher up in the Pavis?
    I suppose it wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect for the Kop and Family stands?
    What are similar displays like at other grounds?
    My first thoughts were that I will have to change my seat - or stand.
    Think it looks **** to be honest just down one side of the ground, if it was all around the 4 sides would look bang on.
    If it was down to funds why we can’t do it on all 4 sides why even bother doing it at all until we could afford it.
    Just looks a job half done.

No problem really from the FS.

I don't think it looks right being stood in front of the other advertising boards, but I think I'll cope.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Think it looks **** to be honest just down one side of the ground, if it was all around the 4 sides would look bang on.
    If it was down to funds why we can’t do it on all 4 sides why even bother doing it at all until we could afford it.
    Just looks a job half done.
    On one side because that's the side you mainly see on TV ? (I would imagine it will be rolled out around the ground at a later date). Why bother with just one side? Because it will still be bringing advertising money in.
    Last edited by SmiffyPie; 28-01-2024 at 09:26 PM.

I must admit I found it mildly distracting at first but got used to it as the game went on. I don't think it works as a form of advertising anyway! However i must admit that on the way home for some reason or other i did stop off to but myself a new car , a new TV , washer and a wardrobe full of clothes ,Not to mention the Anne Summers bit and bobs !!

I'm in Row F, quite high up, level with the penalty box. I didn't like it all. I couldn't see what was happening whenever the action was at the Family End side of the Jimmy Sirrel stand. My long distance sight isn't brilliant, but it had a significant impact on my enjoyment of the game.

I am in row Z and a few around me found it annoying, far to bright.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I am in row Z and a few around me found it annoying, far to bright.
    Row M Pavis. It did stand out at first but once the football started I never noticed it.

Although there was a passage of play in the corner of the family/sirrel stand that was difficult to see. Wasn't sure if it was the bodies in the way or bad contrast with the advertising.

Overall I wouldn't say it worsened the match day experience. Would prefer the sound system to be turned down a touch though.

It'll be a change for you old boys in the Pavis. Apart from keeping you awake you can now add "TURN THE BLOODY LIGHTS OFF" to your "GERRIT FORWARD" chuntering.

I can’t understand why they stopped having sandwich board folk.

All this new fangled nonsense…..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast