+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Digital Perimeter Advertising

Digital Perimeter Advertising

What does everyone think about the new digital advertising along the front of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand.
    This is very new to me and accept that my view may change with time but here are some of my first thoughts.
    I sit in the Pavis usually, fairly low down about 10 or 12 rows up.
    Very, very bright. Felt it was straight in my face.
    Image constantly changing. Sometimes on and off. Sometimes scrolling left or right.
    Display height seems rather big.

I found it most distracting being straight at me and often couldn't properly tell what was happening on the far side.
    The Notts kit seemed much harder to distinguish although the Barrow strip stood out a bit better.
    I often found myself being distracted from the action.
    Half way through the second half the display was dimmed a little - whether that was automatic because of the fading light or manually I don't know. This was a little better - much less of an assault on the senses.
    So:-
    What was it like for those higher up in the Pavis?
    I suppose it wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect for the Kop and Family stands?
    What are similar displays like at other grounds?
    My first thoughts were that I will have to change my seat - or stand.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 28-01-2024 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    What does everyone think about the new digital advertising along the front of the Jimmy Sirrel Stand.
    This is very new to me and accept that my view may change with time but here are some of my first thoughts.
    I sit in the Pavis usually, fairly low down about 10 or 12 rows up.
    Very, very bright. Felt it was straight in my face.
    Image constantly changing. Sometimes on and off. Sometimes scrolling left or right.
    Display height seems rather big.

I found it most distracting being straight at me and often couldn't properly tell what was happening on the far side.
    The Notts kit seemed much harder to distinguish although the Barrow strip stood out a bit better.
    I often found myself being distracted from the action.
    Half way through the second half the display was dimmed a little - whether that was automatic because of the fading light or manually I don't know. This was a little better - much less of an assault on the senses.
    So:-
    What was it like for those higher up in the Pavis?
    I suppose it wouldn't have anywhere near the same effect for the Kop and Family stands?
    What are similar displays like at other grounds?
    My first thoughts were that I will have to change my seat - or stand.
    Further up row S, it was fine. The EBay advert was a bit colourful, but it blended in fine looking down on them.
    At the end of the day, we’ll get used to it as it was always going to happen imo.
    The only debate is, as you say, brightness, but I’d expect most to get used to it.
    Can’t speak for lower though. I can see your point at head height.

I certainly found it distracting and too bright but as was mentioned by '55' it was better when dimmed a little later in the match. It would be good to know the reaction of the players.

Didn't notice it after 5 minutes

I'm on Row R of the Pavis (about half way up) and found it mildly annoying to start with, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. If it brings in extra revenue it has to be a positive.

I'm in row W of the pavis, no distraction for me

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    I'm in row W of the pavis, no distraction for me
    no problem, but this morning I bought 5 boxes of Kellogg's Cornflakes??

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    no problem, but this morning I bought 5 boxes of Kellogg's Cornflakes??
    I think the ads are GREAAAT.

I found them both distracting and annoying... but they're at every ground now, more or less, so I need to get used to it!

Bloody annoying trying to follow action on the JS side of the pitch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast