+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Selections Today

Two Selections Today

Disappointed today with two selections from CC!

Chalobah - no heart and rarely steps up. Fellows should have started and was superb when he came on.

Stupid starting Griffiths over Palmer for such a big game. Whilst the build up and sloppiness for both goals had nothing to do with Griffiths - personally I think Palmer may have done better stopping both goals. First was soft and the second through his legs.

Give Griffiths a shout but not in a huge game like today.

Can’t fathom Griffiths starting this game, second goal that caused the trouble was a shot that Palmer would have I believe saved.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Can’t fathom Griffiths starting this game, second goal that caused the trouble was a shot that Palmer would have I believe saved.

All around me in the ground saying the same Dave. I am sure Palmer would have done better with first goal too.

You play your best keeper FFS in a huge match and not even a mid week game! Poor decision!

Agree with you both on this. Griffiths did ok but really should have been Palmer to start and, yes, I'm sure he would have done far better with the second goal had he played. As for Fellows, really think that he should be starting games now. He is a very direct player and can make things happen and as many have mentioned before, we need to show far more intent in the first half of matches rather than wait until the second half when too often we are one behind and have to play catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Agree with you both on this. Griffiths did ok but really should have been Palmer to start and, yes, I'm sure he would have done far better with the second goal had he played. As for Fellows, really think that he should be starting games now. He is a very direct player and can make things happen and as many have mentioned before, we need to show far more intent in the first half of matches rather than wait until the second half when too often we are one behind and have to play catch up.

It was a very poor decision Omeg in the biggest game of the season for many. Griffiths shouldn’t have been put in as he’s not in the same league as Palmer. Griffiths looked nervous and many in the ground commented on this and no doubt Palmer may have done better with the goals.

Give him a game against a low championship side on when we are comfortably winning FFS. Wrong game - wrong atmosphere!

I’m sure fellows would have started if he wasn’t just getting over being ill. As to the goals I do think Palmer would have saved the second goal. We would have still lost though even though I think we showed we can play football against a decent Premier team. We don’t have the funds to buy a Neto. Considering that we’ve got a great side on a budget (Compared with prem teams who have one player worth more than our club presently)

Griffiths selection yesterday was down to modern day football number 2 goalkeepers don't play any football at all so when it comes cup games the managers want to give them some game time, Chalobah was selected to fit the system we played which most of us agree worked playing Fellows would of meant leaving Wallace out or Swift and moving Wallace inside, it was also noticeable that Yokuslu looked more comfortable in a 3 man midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Griffiths selection yesterday was down to modern day football number 2 goalkeepers don't play any football at all so when it comes cup games the managers want to give them some game time, Chalobah was selected to fit the system we played which most of us agree worked playing Fellows would of meant leaving Wallace out or Swift and moving Wallace inside, it was also noticeable that Yokuslu looked more comfortable in a 3 man midfield.

Agree with the logic especialy with Chalobah but he has little heart and was woeful - yet again! Fellows caused the Dingles lots of problems when he came on. Playing a young inexperienced keeper in that atmosphere and to many the biggest game of the year was wrong - he was nervous and Palmer must likely would have done better with both goals - the second especially.

A Keeper and a ruthless striker can win the game for you and neither was there yesterday which was a shame as we played ok. Asante does well to his credit but not clinical enough - take that shot he ballooned over the bar - there was no pressure on him and you have got to at least hit the target.

A little harsh to blame Griffiths for the defeat but yes, he should have done better with their second goal and yes, I too would have played Palmer in this game. However, we weren’t outplayed and but for Neto’s goal we were always in the game. On the field of play we have nothing to be ashamed of, but off the field of play, we certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    I thought Yokuslu bossed his game v Wolves, first to everything and great shielding and passing. One of the best players for both teams on the day. He stood out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)